Solved

Windows 7 install problem

Hello.

I've been trying to install Windows 7 pro x64 RTM, on a computer.

But when the install seem to be finnished, it won't load grahics at all. This happens after the first reboot after the install. I can just see the mouse pointer.

But under the installation this comes up:

- Copying Windows files

- Expanding Windows files

- Installing features

- Installing updates

- Completing installation

But under the point ''Installing features'' it don't seem to load at all. Just jumps to the next point. Just like it won't configure graphics etc...

I have tested like 5 dvd's, usb boot etc... I have downloaded genuine iso images from Microsoft home pages. And this copy have been working on other systems. The system runs on a Intel DG31PR motherboard with the latest bios update. And I even found official drivers for Windows 7 x64 for this motherboard.

Any solutions, or explanations? Thank you for all help!
3 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows install problem
  1. Best answer
    Try looking for updated drivers for your sata controller from Intel's website. Put them on a USB flash drive and load them from there when you're partitioning the hard drives early on in the install process. If this doesn't help, try running a diagnostic on your hard drive to make sure it's not failing / doesn't have any physically damaged sectors. Since I don't know what hard drive you're using, go download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com. This disk should contain diagnostic utilities from all of the major hard drive vendors.
  2. The_Prophecy said:
    Try looking for updated drivers for your sata controller from Intel's website. Put them on a USB flash drive and load them from there when you're partitioning the hard drives early on in the install process.

Maby a good idea...

The_Prophecy said:
    Since I don't know what hard drive you're using, go download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com. This disk should contain diagnostic utilities from all of the major hard drive vendors.

Maby I should have added that I'v tested to install on several HDD's with no luck.
    So I really dubt it. But ultimate boot cd is a great tips.
  3. Remember KISS Keep It Simple Stupid, remove everything that is not necessary to install Windows 7 including disabling everything that you can in the BIOS like sound hardware and network hardware and try again. You can always re-enable the hardware when Windows 7 has installed one device at a time. If it will still not install then you will have to try substituting your hardware such as the graphics card with other hardware. It may be worthwhile doing a memory test as well.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7