Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 install problem

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
October 17, 2009 8:46:55 PM

Hello.

I've been trying to install Windows 7 pro x64 RTM, on a computer.

But when the install seem to be finnished, it won't load grahics at all. This happens after the first reboot after the install. I can just see the mouse pointer.

But under the installation this comes up:

- Copying Windows files

- Expanding Windows files

- Installing features

- Installing updates

- Completing installation

But under the point ''Installing features'' it don't seem to load at all. Just jumps to the next point. Just like it won't configure graphics etc...

I have tested like 5 dvd's, usb boot etc... I have downloaded genuine iso images from Microsoft home pages. And this copy have been working on other systems. The system runs on a Intel DG31PR motherboard with the latest bios update. And I even found official drivers for Windows 7 x64 for this motherboard.

Any solutions, or explanations? Thank you for all help!

Best solution

a c 215 $ Windows 7
October 17, 2009 9:40:47 PM

Try looking for updated drivers for your sata controller from Intel's website. Put them on a USB flash drive and load them from there when you're partitioning the hard drives early on in the install process. If this doesn't help, try running a diagnostic on your hard drive to make sure it's not failing / doesn't have any physically damaged sectors. Since I don't know what hard drive you're using, go download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com. This disk should contain diagnostic utilities from all of the major hard drive vendors.
October 17, 2009 10:01:11 PM

The_Prophecy said:
Try looking for updated drivers for your sata controller from Intel's website. Put them on a USB flash drive and load them from there when you're partitioning the hard drives early on in the install process.

Maby a good idea...

The_Prophecy said:
Since I don't know what hard drive you're using, go download the Ultimate Boot CD from www.ultimatebootcd.com. This disk should contain diagnostic utilities from all of the major hard drive vendors.

Maby I should have added that I'v tested to install on several HDD's with no luck.
So I really dubt it. But ultimate boot cd is a great tips.

m
l
a b $ Windows 7
October 18, 2009 12:35:07 AM

Remember KISS Keep It Simple Stupid, remove everything that is not necessary to install Windows 7 including disabling everything that you can in the BIOS like sound hardware and network hardware and try again. You can always re-enable the hardware when Windows 7 has installed one device at a time. If it will still not install then you will have to try substituting your hardware such as the graphics card with other hardware. It may be worthwhile doing a memory test as well.
m
l
!