Playing MP3's/Camera Problems - Motorola v710

Someone

I recently read a review/comment from a guy on PhoneScoop where he said
that the biggest problem with the v710 is not the phone itself, but the
users who won't take the time to learn how to use it. For the record...
I could not agree more, but must add: "whiners don't read the
screen" !!!

At last count, I have found no less than 14 different sites where users
have slammed the phones' MP3 playing capabilities because it will only
play one file - then quit. The camera capabilities were also slammed
over and over.

Along with some other misleading negative comments, this was almost
enough to make me pass on the unit all together. If you have had that
experience too, then this message may be of interest to you.

With Version 8700_01.30.8f there is an option to create a playlist of
MP3 files. When you want to play more than one file, put it in a
playlist and play the playlist. Works fine lasts long time.

The camera problems, though some folks' hardware related, are mostly
solved by simply modifying/adjusting the camera settings; and don't be
in a hurry to click and send.

IMO, the v710 is the best phone that Roto-mola ever made. I strongly
encourage those who have reservations to take advantage of Verizon's
Worry Free Guarantee and try one, despite the negative reviews from
users who never took the time to master the feature packed ultra capable
device.

someone@nowhere.com wrote:
> I recently read a review/comment from a guy on PhoneScoop where he
> said that the biggest problem with the v710 is not the phone itself,
> but the users who won't take the time to learn how to use it. For
> the record... I could not agree more, but must add: "whiners don't
> read the
> screen" !!!
>
> At last count, I have found no less than 14 different sites where
> users have slammed the phones' MP3 playing capabilities because it
> will only play one file - then quit. The camera capabilities were
> also slammed over and over.
>
> Along with some other misleading negative comments, this was almost
> enough to make me pass on the unit all together. If you have had that
> experience too, then this message may be of interest to you.
>
> With Version 8700_01.30.8f there is an option to create a playlist of
> MP3 files. When you want to play more than one file, put it in a
> playlist and play the playlist. Works fine lasts long time.
>
> The camera problems, though some folks' hardware related, are mostly
> solved by simply modifying/adjusting the camera settings; and don't be
> in a hurry to click and send.
>
> IMO, the v710 is the best phone that Roto-mola ever made. I strongly
> encourage those who have reservations to take advantage of Verizon's
> Worry Free Guarantee and try one, despite the negative reviews from
> users who never took the time to master the feature packed ultra
> capable device.

Yep, very capable phone. Worst documented cell phone I've ever used
except for the v265 which is close. One major flaw: when on headset, no
ring, nope, never will happen. Second major flaw: disconnecting
bluetooth headset so that the phone will ring - completely undocumented.
The documentation is so extremely poor that I have no doubt that users
have misconceptions of the capabilities. In this case, the users are
*not* at fault for failing to RTFM since the documentation is an
embarassment to both Verizon and Motorola.

Let's not even begin to discuss the crippled bluetooth and data
connectivity.

I was looking at the V710,

What did they do to the data connectivity? Please Explain

Kevin

Kevin wrote:
> I was looking at the V710,
>
> What did they do to the data connectivity? Please Explain
>
> Kevin
>

>> Let's not even begin to discuss the crippled bluetooth and data
>> connectivity.

Don't get me wrong: the v710 with the BT headset is an excellent choice;
most people won't want to do anything with the phone that involves
adding any tones, game, pics, etc. and they will be satisfied with the
performance out of the box. OTOH, Verizon has crippled the BT
capabilities in favor of their profit model and the direct-connect
capabilities as well: http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Quaoar wrote:

> Don't get me wrong: the v710 with the BT headset is an excellent choice;
> most people won't want to do anything with the phone that involves
> adding any tones, game, pics, etc. and they will be satisfied with the
> performance out of the box. OTOH, Verizon has crippled the BT
> capabilities in favor of their profit model and the direct-connect
> capabilities as well: http://www.nuclearelephant.com/papers/v710.html

After reading the linked article, I can only say it is a shame Verizon
seems to have so little regard for its customers. I can't see paying
the price of the v710 when so many of the great features are removed by
Verizon. I hope my v60s lasts for a long time.

Yes, I know I could switch carriers, but Verizon, so far, is the only
carrier that can provide a signal at our house. At some point, another
carrier will be able to provide the service I need, and then I will be
gone.

Tom