Highest PIII 450 OC?

G

I've been able to get mine up to 504MHz(4.5x112) on a Tyan Tsunami S1846.

G

I was helping my friend overclock and he has a PIII 450. I applied some Radio Shack silicon based thermal grease with his generic heatsink and I got amazing results. The temp was about 40c, but it was STABLE at 600MHz (133 fsb)! I was amazed cause this is one of those pre-coppermine chips, ya know! I didn't think it was overclockable. Anyway the main reason why he couldn't overclock it was cause of his memory. I had some good PC133 RAM and his chip was beautiful on my system at 600MHz... never crashed (for over a month) running QuakeIII and constantly had SETI@Home running in the background. I'll probably buy it off him for cheap when he upgrades. Anyway good luck with yours. :)

-poch

G

I just read your post. I'm new to the community. I also have a PIII 450. I had it to 600 but unstable for graphic intensive programs. I believe it's do to the ram. Generic PC 133. I'm currenty running it @558 124/41 and it's quite stable. It's mounted on a SOYO SY-6BA+III.

i have a PIII 450 sl35d that runs at 600 very stable 667 is max but not stable, to do this i had to up the voltage to 2.2 volts by covering connectors A-119, B-119 and B-121 on the slot 1 version. Tom has an article describing this in more detail in the archives.