I need some advice, please.

To whom it may concern,

One of my best friends recently had a neighbor friend install a new video
card and he added more memory to this computer. It is an emachine. Right
after the addition was put on..she has suddenly lost her taskbar/start menu.
I have tried everything. We tried doing a system restore and nothing
changes. She wants me to use my window xp professional disc because she
thinks that is the problem. I refuse to do that because I do not want to
ruin her computer. I am at a loss here on how to reinstall the taskbar/start
menu. The file cannot be found. Any ideas?..I would greatly appreciate any
assistance possible.

Sincerely,

Lisa Mapel
1 answer Last reply
More about advice please

    Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

    Your Desktop Icons Are Missing in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;330170&Product=winxp

    Visit http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm and scroll down to
    Item No. 195 (right column), click on "Restore Desktop Icons and
    Taskbar".

    Install this registry fix, then reboot your computer.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Lisa Mapel" wrote:

    | To whom it may concern,
    |
    | One of my best friends recently had a neighbor friend install a new video
    | card and he added more memory to this computer. It is an emachine. Right
    | after the addition was put on..she has suddenly lost her taskbar/start menu.
    | I have tried everything. We tried doing a system restore and nothing
    | changes. She wants me to use my window xp professional disc because she
    | thinks that is the problem. I refuse to do that because I do not want to
    | ruin her computer. I am at a loss here on how to reinstall the taskbar/start
    | menu. The file cannot be found. Any ideas?..I would greatly appreciate any
    | assistance possible.
    |
    | Sincerely,
    |
    | Lisa Mapel

Windows XP