Celeron 566 & ASUS CUV4X

G

I know the 566 can easily go to 850, but i have a boxed one (not OEM) that will only do 722. I've tried everything, even setting the memory to different wait states. It just won't boot at anything higher than 722. (and i'm using a 128MB PC133 module). Think i might have a dud?

G

Try upping the core voltage and/or getting some more cooling. An extreem option would also be getting a high quality motherboard (ABIT or ASUS).

G

I've got right now two mobos to play around with my Celeron 566: Abit BH6 and Aopen Ax63Pro.
With a QDI (I think) slotket, neither of both will run 850 (100fsb) stable with less than 1,75 volts.
With a standard heat sink and a bigger fan it seems like it does't run too hot, since it's stable (I can't measure temperature).
You didn't tell what Vcore did you try, but that´s the one that worked for me.
Since bus you fsb is set to 90 it does´nt seem to be a PCI problem if your divider is set to auto (changes to 1/3 at 83, I may be wrong). Bios?
I burned another Cel566 that also needed 1,75 volts to run 850, but...wait, I did burn it at 3,5 volts when I wrong-switched the slotket at 4 a.m. in the morning!!! (watch out, terrible experience!).

Saludos a todos

G

I'm pretty sure now that this one is a dud. Fortunately, I have been able to arrange for a return of this C566 (good relations with my supplier).
THX 4 tha help, though.

G

Well, i guess u didn't notice the subject of this thread re: mobo. I took the voltage to 1.7, and it didnt work either. I'm pretty sure now that this one is a dud. Fortunately, I have been able to arrange for a return of this C566 (good relations with my supplier).
THX 4 trying 2 help, though.