EQ1: OMG the new Lavastorm Mountains looks great!

Subject says it all ;->

MOBs, lava, trees, it all kicks butt.

Zoning into Naggy's was quite depressing ;->

Best regards,

Tim ==

(substitute 'tcsys.com' for 'nospam.co.uk')
_________________

Seeq Endestroi
Paladin of Mithanial Marr, The Rathe
http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=507035

Visit the Surrender Dorothy web ! (http://dorothyrocks.com)
Visit the Crunch Monkey web ! (http://crunchmonkey.com)

Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk> writes:
> Subject says it all ;->
> MOBs, lava, trees, it all kicks butt.

I wonder if there's something in particular about Lavastorm that
they chose to give it a new look? Given the title of the coming
expansion, I could imagine that it ties into there.

I suppose they could be revamping the graphics in all zones, a few
at a time... Nahhhhhh.

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 43 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:56:21 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk> writes:
>> Subject says it all ;->
>> MOBs, lava, trees, it all kicks butt.
>
>I wonder if there's something in particular about Lavastorm that
>they chose to give it a new look? Given the title of the coming
>expansion, I could imagine that it ties into there.
>
>I suppose they could be revamping the graphics in all zones, a few
>at a time... Nahhhhhh.

Two new zones hanging off of it. Marked on the updated map, but not
open yet.

--
Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric

A: Top Posters
Q: What's the most irritating thing on Usenet?

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:56:21 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>I wonder if there's something in particular about Lavastorm that
>they chose to give it a new look? Given the title of the coming
>expansion, I could imagine that it ties into there.

Look to the north of Lavastorm, there's a new zone to Broodlands.
Right now it's closed but obviously it's related to DoN expansion next
month.

On 2005-01-27, Darkensolo <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote:
>>I suppose they could be revamping the graphics in all zones, a few
>>at a time... Nahhhhhh.
>
> Two new zones hanging off of it. Marked on the updated map, but not
> open yet.

Screenshots? Is it still level 12ish?

Matt

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 12:12:32 +0000 (UTC), Moopy
<pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> wrote:

>On 2005-01-27, Darkensolo <handy@solo-technology.killthis.com> wrote:
>>>I suppose they could be revamping the graphics in all zones, a few
>>>at a time... Nahhhhhh.
>>
>> Two new zones hanging off of it. Marked on the updated map, but not
>> open yet.
>>

>Screenshots? Is it still level 12ish?

Didn't think to take any pictures and still seems low level.
Everything was green to me at any rate.

Definitely better looking though.
--
Elder Lizsolo Spiritmaster - 66 Beastlord
Baron Darkensolo - 65 Cleric
Pliska - 48 SK twink hoping to grow into his armor someday...
Rodcet Nife

A: Top Posters

Moopy <pingu@keg.zymurgy.org> writes:
> Screenshots? Is it still level 12ish?

http://www.icynic.com/~don/EQ/NewLava.jpg

Zoning out of it into an old-graphics zone like SolA is definitely
jarring.

Not sure what level. Most of it was green to me at 43, with a few
light blues here and there.

There are still entrances to SolA/B, Najena, and Sol Ro, plus the
new sections. SolA/B are no longer in the same places relative to
each other, though, so I'm not convinced the internal connections
between A/B still line up realistically. Ah well.

There are also some more new quests that yield req level 40 items,
like the ones from the recent DL/OT quests. (Except the new LS items
are all/all. E.g.:

Intricate Tool Belt (Waist)
AC 10 STR 7 CHA 7 HP 40 Mana 45 SvD 10 SvM 5 SvP 5

Lucky Miner's Gorget (Neck)
AC 9 DEX 7 STA 7 WIS 7 INT 7 HP 45 Mana 40 SvD 5 SvC 10 SvP 5

There's also a back item similar to those, and apparently a ring
(but I haven't gotten that yet, it requires 4 Fiery Ore and the
goblins in SolA weren't forthcoming with the stuff :).

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:32:06 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:

>There are also some more new quests that yield req level 40 items,
>like the ones from the recent DL/OT quests. (Except the new LS items
>are all/all. E.g.:
>
>Intricate Tool Belt (Waist)
>AC 10 STR 7 CHA 7 HP 40 Mana 45 SvD 10 SvM 5 SvP 5
>
>Lucky Miner's Gorget (Neck)
>AC 9 DEX 7 STA 7 WIS 7 INT 7 HP 45 Mana 40 SvD 5 SvC 10 SvP 5

And another quest not listed on Allakhazam yet:
http://www.geocities.com/mc68020/newquest.html

One good thing about the new mob: no more ugly butt crack on the
goblins!

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> Seeq Endestroi <seeq@nospam.co.uk> writes:
>> Subject says it all ;->
>> MOBs, lava, trees, it all kicks butt.
>
> I wonder if there's something in particular about Lavastorm that
> they chose to give it a new look? Given the title of the coming
> expansion, I could imagine that it ties into there.

At least two of the new DoN zones branch off Lavastorm. They're marked
on the new map.

James

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:32:06 GMT, Don Woods <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote:
>
> >There are also some more new quests that yield req level 40 items,
> >like the ones from the recent DL/OT quests. (Except the new LS items
> >are all/all. E.g.:
> >
> >Intricate Tool Belt (Waist)
> >AC 10 STR 7 CHA 7 HP 40 Mana 45 SvD 10 SvM 5 SvP 5
> >
> >Lucky Miner's Gorget (Neck)
> >AC 9 DEX 7 STA 7 WIS 7 INT 7 HP 45 Mana 40 SvD 5 SvC 10 SvP 5
>
> And another quest not listed on Allakhazam yet:
> http://www.geocities.com/mc68020/newquest.html

Yes, the link you give deals with the first step of the Head Miner's
quest, which yields the cloak. The page also mentions the start of
the second part, which is even easier: take the status report back to
the Royal Clerk, get a receipt to take back to the Head Miner, and get
the Gorget shown above.

Druid ports make it very easy, but it's not hard in any case unless
you're KOS in Ak'Anon. :)

> One good thing about the new mob: no more ugly butt crack on the
> goblins!

Yes, the new mobs look much nicer. Again, this makes it all the
more jarring when you zone into SolA/B and see the old goblins again!

Seeq Endestroi wrote:

> Subject says it all ;->

Have to agree, just writing up a piece for my character's site (yes, my
character has a site...I like to write up stories of events that happen
to him...) on my visit to Lavastorm last night to take a look. I didn't
make it far into the zone, but what I saw I liked.

--
Michael Greenhalgh
---

EverQuest 2:
Miglok | Half-Elf Predator | Lavastorm

City of Heroes:
Shadow Ranger | Mutation Scrapper | Virtue
---