Non Broadband Wireless??

BT

Is there a practical way to wirelessly connect to a dial up connection?? My
mom has a laptop (no desktop available) and I'm trying to get her a mobile
connection around the house.

I'm thinking of a wireless router with a USB or PCMCIA card for the laptop.
Then an external modem with a wireless Access point, Wireless Bridge or
other wireless adapter for that end of the wireless connection. Can this
work? Any thoughts?

thanks,

"BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote:
>Is there a practical way to wirelessly connect to a dial up connection??

WiFlyer.com

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:27:18 -0400, William P. N. Smith <> wrote:

>"BT" <no@xnono.com> wrote:
>>Is there a practical way to wirelessly connect to a dial up connection??

>WiFlyer.com

Also:
1. Apple Airport base station.
2. Old PC running Linux, Freesco, or some router package.
3. 3com 3C886A "Lan Modem" with any wireless access point (two boxes).

# 831.336.2558 voice Skype: JeffLiebermann
# http://www.LearnByDestroying.com AE6KS
# http://802.11junk.com
# jeffl@comix.santa-cruz.ca.us
# jeffl@cruzio.com