why are celerons so popular too overclock

rcf84

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
well i just wonder why (myself 533 @ 600 2.2v)

1. you get a rush when you up the bus from 66 to 133
2. you hate intel and you what to still every MHz from them
3. you spend all you money on a laser printer and only
could afford a cheap processor from a system pull and
whated to max it out(well that's my story)and then the
next day go get a ati radeon.

or other remember the celeron is the bad boy of OC and intel hates it hahahahahahahahahaha

G

Sorry to tell ya but the Duron is the new OCing King. Celerys are ok but they are getting to be a thing of the past...

BatMan
Duron 700@1032

G

As far as bang for your bucks, yep, no way to beat a good Duron 700 (unless perhaps with an excellent D650...).

But if you want to talk about monster clocking- pre-production P4 1.4GHz samples have ramped to 1.7GHz. If they get decent yields on the beasts and one is prepared to press a small hovercraft engine into cooling service, just give me an ASUS 850 mobo (bet you they'll call it a WISL or something) and a kilowatt PSU and see how far that 2GHz really is.
(of course, a 1.5GHz Tbird would knock its socks off, but as Intel marketeers know, that GHz factor really does enthuse)

-- Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk? --

G

Celerons are popular to overclock because they have a thermal security and overclock easy. If you overclock a duron and it get's too hot it get's damaged beyond repair. A celeron automaticaly locks up, saving the CPU. Durons and celerons overclock both as well and it is true that durons give much more performance for even less money.
I guess intel lost it's last well selling processor...

You can also purchase an old PIII coppermine CPU, i got my P3-650@100 to P3-910@140

Godim