I just installed XP Pro on a PC with only a 10 GB drive. When installing
SP2, it made a backup of the existing XP operating system (or critical
files). Now that SP2 is installed and working well, how/where do I remove
this backup to free up more HD disk space?

heytomneedshelp wrote:
> I just installed XP Pro on a PC with only a 10 GB drive.
> When installing SP2, it made a backup of the existing XP
> operating system (or critical files). Now that SP2 is
> installed and working well, how/where do I remove this
> backup to free up more HD disk space?

You might want to take a look at this article:

Tidying Up After Installing SP2
http://aumha.org/win5/a/sp2faq.php#after

Keep in mind that once you delete
C:\Windows\$NTServicePackUninstall you will not be able to
uninstall Service Pack 2 through the Add/Remove Programs applet
in Control Panel.

Nepatsfan