Unlocking Duron

G

Has anyone ran into problems when unlockin a duron and using the a7v mothaboard with the unlocked duron

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Not sure what you're asking... If your processor is unlocked, put it in and set the multiplier with the dip switches on the motherboard. In fact if you do have an unlocked processor you HAVE to set these dip switches for the procesor to run! If your processor is not unlocked, you have to close the L1 bridges on top of the chip in order to be able to change the multiplier.

Scout

Junkcollector

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Yes! Yes!

I think I have the same problem. I'm connecting the L1 bridges on my duron 600 and when I plug it into my Asus A7V and try any combination, I get nothing. Any tips would help.

G

idiot, It took me 8 tries to get my L1 bridge connected properly, 8 freaking tries, on and Off the STUPID hedgehog clip(but have to say the hedgehog really kick ass) erasing and drawing the L1 bridge again and again. if don't work, try again. best method, get a .5 mechanical pencil. and use some sort of paper, make a straight edge(ruler) and start drawing. make sure they look like llll they can not be touching each other. good luck.

G

you mentioned trying it 8 times , did the computer actually didnt boot up or the duron didnt unlock during that 8 times

G

Be careful on to interconnect them. I tried it with the conductive pen with no luck...twice. Got a #2 mechanical pencil and was very careful. Took me about 10 minutes. Set it back in and now am at 850. Had it running at 1059.42. Not being an extreme o/c..er. I went back to the 850 and default vcore voltage. Oh yeah it is a 700 duron. So the 20% increase is good enough for what i do. Hope this helps in some small way:)

Please don't hate me cause i'm beautiful!!!