Wireless gaming headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

viperegg

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011
Hi there,

I'm looking to buy some new headset for my computer. I used to have wired headset but now I would like to get some Wireless to stop having the wire always twisted. The tricky part is that I would like it to be working on my PS3. Quality sound is important to me. I'm playing FPS so I want to know if there's anyone on my back.

I don't have unlimited budget. Maybe around 100$-150$. I would also like to be rechargeable so I would not have to change batteries every week.

Thanks in advance for all your answer!

Solution
There's an official wireless headset for the PS3 that is said to run on your PC or Mac, too.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330980954&sr=8-3

Product Features
* The Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset
* 7.1 virtual surround sound enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
* Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates. Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates.
* Built-in rechargeable battery delivers seven hours usage on a single charge. Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac
* Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie. Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay

As for...

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010

would you consider rechargeable batteries?

neal0790

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2012
i personally never think wireless sounds as good as having a wired set of headphones. I own a pair of tritton ax pros and was looking about a year ago for wireless ones. I tried a few out but brought them all back, nothing sounded as good as my wired trittons, plus they work on my ps3, xbox and computer.

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
There's an official wireless headset for the PS3 that is said to run on your PC or Mac, too.
http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Stereo-Headset-Playstation-3/dp/B0053OLY9O/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1330980954&sr=8-3

Product Features
* The Official PS3 Wireless Stereo Headset
* 7.1 virtual surround sound enables you to hear the enemy before they see you
* Crystal clear conversations to strategize with teammates. Stay informed with exclusive on-screen headset status updates.
* Built-in rechargeable battery delivers seven hours usage on a single charge. Enjoy your Wireless Stereo Headset on your PC or Mac
* Enjoy hi-fidelity sound while watching your favorite movie. Breathable oversized earpads allow for hours of comfortable gameplay

As for wire vs wireless. It's not about quality of sound. A wired headset or headphone will always sound better, even at a lower price. The point is getting rid of that cable. You can move around your whole house. This is just awesome, once you realize the potential and make use of it.

I'm on wireless for 2 years now and wouldn't dare to go back. ;)

If you really are that much of a music enthusiast you can always have a wired studio quality headphone available just for chilling on the couch.

Solution

viperegg

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

I saw this one. I was just wondering if it was working with Ventrilo and skype. Didn't get any information on that. Looks like a good choice though. I just need some more reviews on this one. Anything else you would suggest?

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
If it's said to work with a PC, it should work with Skype. Definitely with Ventrilo.

Just google it a little and/or read the customer comments.

Since it is connected via USB, like most if not all wireless headsets I know of. You can basically try any that got some good reviews. However I don't know how or if they will work on a PS3 in turn. I personally own one that doesn't seem available outside of Europe, but generally speaking Logitech headsets are a good choice most of the time.

viperegg

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2011

It doesn't really matter. I just don't to go out and buy some all the time

Mithness

Distinguished
May 16, 2010
the Logitech G930's are wireless and don't require batterys, when the charge gets low, it beeps and your plug into your PC via a USB.

and plus it has really good sound (Surround Sound) and a decent Microphone

-Mithness

whatsthatnoise

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2011
They are quite expansive though. And most headphones have a built in rechargeable battery that you just plugin via USB when they are running low. So that shouldn't be the buying argument. ;)

Mine cost ~35 bucks and I can continue to use it when the batteries are low (after about 8h of continuous use). They are just running on cable (USB) while recharging.

shadow1942

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
I have the headset whatsthatoise is talking about and find it great, with very good surround and clear sound with no distortion. It works fine with PC on everything I've tried.

However if you don't have a PS3 charge cable for your controllers you have to buy one to charge the headset. I found this out after buying it (I have xbox not PS3) using it until it run out of battery and thought it must be charging through the usb, but no I needed to by a cable to charge it. Bit silly by playstation, why say its suitable for PC and not state that if you don't have a PS3 you need to by an extra cable. I assume they thought only PS3 owners would by it. It was cheaper than turtle beach and seems just as good with no wires at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.