A good fan for overclocking ?

G

Hi, what fan should be good when overclocking ? I saw the Globalwin FKK32 or VEK32 ... which seems very good ... Are there others ? What should I consider buying ?

thanks !!

Simon Ethier
ICQ 2165570

G

It would be easier to answer your question if you would post what mainboard and what CPU you want to cool. The alphabet soup of GW HSF's is confusing, believe it or not. Thanks!

G

I have a FIC SD11 and a AMD 500 (overclocked to 700 for now)

Simon Ethier
ICQ 2165570

G

best HEDGEHOG, no question ask. second i would say, taisol. wait that seem like a slot hsf. then i wouldn't know. good luck.

G

What is this hedgehog beats and where do you get one?

Please don't hate me cause i'm beautiful!!!

G

socket A, Hedgehog the best(ALL Copper HSF), but expensive, i say buy a Taisol or Alpha, they are cheaper and avg about 2C higher. <-- in terms of CPU TEMP 2C is alot= 4-6F. that up to you to decide.

AND also whatever you do, DO not BUY the DELTA 38CFM fan, VERY VERY LOUD. <buy delta only IF, your computer is in another room(server); if your computer has alot of internal fan and is already loud, and you just don't care.> but they are the best FAN. second probably YS-tech, also about 1-2C higher than DELTA.

well, I have a Hedgehog and Delta HSF, personally LOVE the hedgehog, Hate the DELTA, going to get ride of it. poor thing, probably with YS-Tech FAN. Temp, avg 33C, low 21C and HIGH 41C. that all folks, good luck.

G

Too late bud i already have a globalwin fop38 38cfm fan:)
I am getting an alpha pep66 with the same fan. My case fans are louder then the fop, so it really is ok, the noise doesn't bother me. My temps are at 24C and 34C now with the fop the alpha, from what i hear should bring it down a little bit. I have been told that lapping the heatsink will help to bring it down even farther and i ordered some artic silver too. Just waiting for it to get here. Not that my temps are too high i am kind of experimenting here. I cut some holes in one of my side panels and put two 4" 85cfm fans on it. One sucking, one blowing. So i get good air flow through my case. They are positioned in the back, the one blowing in is right over my cards and motherboard. The one at the top is blowing out. I also have a 60mm fan in the front at the bottom of the case blowing in and one at the top at the back blowing out. I put a couple of fans on the side of the globalwin but it made no difference in temps. I am gonna remove them. Thanks for the info on the hedgehog, now that i think of it a friend showed me a url that had it and comparisons with others and it was at the top position. Copper must be a better heat conductor then aluminum. Either that or it was because it had poles instead of fins on it. If i remember i will let you know how this alpha pep66 does for me in comparison to the fop i have now.

Please don't hate me cause i'm beautiful!!!