DeskTop Windows Blank Desktop

When I tried to cancel a download of WinFIx the computer froze up and I had
to turn it off manually. It was connected to the internet and had run for a
while. Now all I get when I turn it on is the DREADED DESKTOP that is blank
and does nothing but has the cursor. I can start it in safe mode-can't get
out of safe mode-do the F8 thing to get to a printed screen-I access Windows
thru that but with limited functions. I have saved my personal files on disc
(my doc-pictures) Do I go ahead and reinstall my Windows Disc that came with
my computer? HELP Is this my next move?
--
KathySS
1 answer Last reply

    Did you already check the following:

    Right click on the wallpaper, select "Arrange Icons By"
    Make sure there is a checkmark in front of "Show Desktop Icons"

    Hope this helps,

    Roy

    "KathySS" wrote:

    > When I tried to cancel a download of WinFIx the computer froze up and I had
    > to turn it off manually. It was connected to the internet and had run for a
    > while. Now all I get when I turn it on is the DREADED DESKTOP that is blank
    > and does nothing but has the cursor. I can start it in safe mode-can't get
    > out of safe mode-do the F8 thing to get to a printed screen-I access Windows
    > thru that but with limited functions. I have saved my personal files on disc
    > (my doc-pictures) Do I go ahead and reinstall my Windows Disc that came with
    > my computer? HELP Is this my next move?
    > --
    > KathySS

Safe Mode Desktops Windows XP