When I tried to cancel a download of WinFIx the computer froze up and I had
to turn it off manually. It was connected to the internet and had run for a
while. Now all I get when I turn it on is the DREADED DESKTOP that is blank
and does nothing but has the cursor. I can start it in safe mode-can't get
out of safe mode-do the F8 thing to get to a printed screen-I access Windows
thru that but with limited functions. I have saved my personal files on disc
(my doc-pictures) Do I go ahead and reinstall my Windows Disc that came with
my computer? HELP Is this my next move?
--
KathySS

Did you already check the following:

Right click on the wallpaper, select "Arrange Icons By"
Make sure there is a checkmark in front of "Show Desktop Icons"

Hope this helps,

Roy