I have xp pro sp2.Lately my IE 6 takes about 3 times as long to
download.What is happening?I tried rebooting.I tried different settings etc.

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:431375c7$1@news.accesscomm.ca,
wilf frederick <freedle@accesscomm.ca> had this to say:

> I have xp pro sp2.Lately my IE 6 takes about 3 times as long to
> download.What is happening?I tried rebooting.I tried different
> settings etc.

Perhaps there's some sort of malware that's eating up your bandwidth? Do you
have a firewall installed and properly configured?

Malware Cleaning :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/malwarefix.html

Firewalls - Basics :
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/security/firewalls-basics.html