Temperature alarm

I have set the alarm to go off on my pc speaker if the temperature goes over
63 degrees celcius. Usually it is 58 degrees celcius but whenever I reboot my
pc and log onto Windows it sounds. If I were not to log on the alarm won't
come on but as soon as I log on it goes straight up to 63 degrees. Why is
this happening when I log on?

--
• Thorpe •
2 answers Last reply

    In news:A923E930-F49D-4CA3-8741-E4F382C6E364@microsoft.com,
    Thorpe <thorpe89@msn.com> had this to say:

    > I have set the alarm to go off on my pc speaker if the temperature
    > goes over 63 degrees celcius. Usually it is 58 degrees celcius but
    > whenever I reboot my pc and log onto Windows it sounds. If I were not
    > to log on the alarm won't come on but as soon as I log on it goes
    > straight up to 63 degrees. Why is this happening when I log on?

    in heat. It's pretty normal. The more work, the more heat.

    Galen

    Sherlock Holmes

    It would help to know your CPU type...My Intel P4 2.4b CPU is set in MBM5 to
    alarm at 70 degrees Celsius or 158 degrees Fahrenheit by default. All 3
    sensors read an average of 89df or 32dc after login, (no major activity) with
    low CPU usage.
    Have you cleaned out your case and all fans of any dust Bunny's lately?
    After I cleaned my rig it ran 10-11df cooler all around..
    It also depends on your case fans too, I use 5, 80mm case fans, 2 on the
    PSU, 1 on the CPU, 1 on the GPU, for a total of 9.. 3 fans (1 on the side, 2
    front) draw in cool air and 4 aid in removing (CPU & GPU) heated air from the
    back of the case.

    MBM5 is freeware (only works with mobos with temp monitoring)...
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/

    j;-)

    "Thorpe" wrote:

    > I have set the alarm to go off on my pc speaker if the temperature goes over
    > 63 degrees celcius. Usually it is 58 degrees celcius but whenever I reboot my
    > pc and log onto Windows it sounds. If I were not to log on the alarm won't
    > come on but as soon as I log on it goes straight up to 63 degrees. Why is
    > this happening when I log on?
    >

    > --
    > • Thorpe •

Speakers Temperature Microsoft Windows XP