  • Verizon
  • Internet Service Providers
Last response: in Network Providers
January 25, 2005 3:00:37 PM

Hi,

FWIW, my experiences with Verizon CS have been very positive.

Each time I have called them I have gotten through fairly quickly,
and the person I have talked to has been friendly and helpful (and
not rushed - often you get the feeling that some CS people are trying
to get rid of you).

I realize that this may be very different from other's experiences
here, but I thought I'd mention my positive experience.

Cheers,

Esmail
ps: no, I don't work for verizon .. ;-)

More about : verizon customer service

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 3:00:38 PM

Esmail Bonakdarian said the following on 1/25/2005 9:00 AM:
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, my experiences with Verizon CS have been very positive.
>
> Each time I have called them I have gotten through fairly quickly,
> and the person I have talked to has been friendly and helpful (and
> not rushed - often you get the feeling that some CS people are trying
> to get rid of you).
>
> I realize that this may be very different from other's experiences
> here, but I thought I'd mention my positive experience.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Esmail
> ps: no, I don't work for verizon .. ;-)

I called CS to ask about getting my VX6100 phone firmware upgraded.
Since the nearest store to get it done was a 180 mile round trip they
gave me a month free plus 20 dollars. Not bad CS.

--

Kirk

"Screw the planes, take a train", Me
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 3:00:39 PM

'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:

> I called CS to ask about getting my VX6100 phone firmware
> upgraded. Since the nearest store to get it done was a
> 180 mile round trip they gave me a month free plus 20
> dollars. Not bad CS.

90 miles to a store with a tech! Is captain Kirk off planet
at the moment? :)

-Quick
January 25, 2005 3:00:40 PM

Quick said the following on 1/25/2005 10:57 AM:
> 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
>
>>I called CS to ask about getting my VX6100 phone firmware
>>upgraded. Since the nearest store to get it done was a
>>180 mile round trip they gave me a month free plus 20
>>dollars. Not bad CS.
>

> 90 miles to a store with a tech! Is captain Kirk off planet
> at the moment? :)
>
> -Quick

Nope, N. Idaho. 50 miles south of the Canadian border. Nearest store
is in Spokane, Wa. But sometimes I wish I was off the planet. ;-)

--

Quick wrote:
> 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
>>
>> I called CS to ask about getting my VX6100 phone firmware
>> upgraded. Since the nearest store to get it done was a
>> 180 mile round trip they gave me a month free plus 20
>> dollars. Not bad CS.
>
> 90 miles to a store with a tech! Is captain Kirk off planet
> at the moment? :)
>
> -Quick

Actually, he's lucky it was only 90 Miles.. I was in Fairbanks Alaska this
summer, needed an upgrade, but the closest verizon tech place was in
seattle, about 1800 miles away!

(in case anyone gives a rats butt, I bought a phone off ebay for $35
instead, and had it shipped to me, seemed way cheaper than the travel, came
fedex, but I have no idea what the planes captain was named ((used to have a
pilot friend named Kirk, and when he took off, he used to ask the tower for
permission to leave the planet) :)
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 3:24:34 AM

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:00:37 -0500, Esmail Bonakdarian wrote
(in article <10vcupmauat1kfe@corp.supernews.com>):

> Subject: Verizon Customer Service
> From: Esmail Bonakdarian <ebonakDUH@hotmail.com>
> Date: Tuesday 12:00 PM
> Newsgroups: alt.cellular.verizon
>
> Hi,
>
> FWIW, my experiences with Verizon CS have been very positive.
>
> Each time I have called them I have gotten through fairly quickly,
> and the person I have talked to has been friendly and helpful (and
> not rushed - often you get the feeling that some CS people are trying
> to get rid of you).
>
> I realize that this may be very different from other's experiences
> here, but I thought I'd mention my positive experience.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Esmail
> ps: no, I don't work for verizon .. ;-)

Yeah, customer service is one of the highlights of Verizon. (There are
downsides, but thankfully Customer Service isn't one of them.) CS is one of
the most important criteria to me.
Anonymous
January 27, 2005 5:39:39 PM

You're cute!

And so obviously a man :) .....................J

"Peter Pan" <Marcs1102NOSPAM@HotmailNOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Quick wrote:
>> 'Captain' Kirk DeHaan wrote:
>>>
>>> I called CS to ask about getting my VX6100 phone firmware
>>> upgraded. Since the nearest store to get it done was a
>>> 180 mile round trip they gave me a month free plus 20
>>> dollars. Not bad CS.
>>
>> 90 miles to a store with a tech! Is captain Kirk off planet
>> at the moment? :)
>>
>> -Quick
>
> Actually, he's lucky it was only 90 Miles.. I was in Fairbanks Alaska this
> summer, needed an upgrade, but the closest verizon tech place was in
> seattle, about 1800 miles away!
>
> (in case anyone gives a rats butt, I bought a phone off ebay for $35
> instead, and had it shipped to me, seemed way cheaper than the travel,
> came fedex, but I have no idea what the planes captain was named ((used to
> have a pilot friend named Kirk, and when he took off, he used to ask the
> tower for permission to leave the planet) :)

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 6:38:50 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:44:59 -0500, xman@thedripper.com wrote:

> You actually think Verizon's customer service department is one of their
> hightlights? An opinion no doubt...as well as mine. Their customer service
> department is horrible.

No worse than any other carrier.
January 27, 2005 6:38:51 PM

And my point was to indicate how Verizon's customer service is really bad.
What the hell was your point? And people bitch about my posts.

"Traveling Man" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:44:59 -0500, xman@thedripper.com wrote:
>
> > You actually think Verizon's customer service department is one of their
> > hightlights? An opinion no doubt...as well as mine. Their customer
service
> > department is horrible.
>
> No worse than any other carrier.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 1:39:26 PM

Strike wrote:
> My experience with customer service has been great. they have always gone
> out of their way to help me.

Agreed. When I was with VZW I never had any issues with CS.

"In case anyone was wondering, that big glowing globe above the Victor
Valley is the sun." -Victorville _Daily Press_ on the unusually large
amount of rain the Southland has gotten this winter (January 12th, 2005)
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:17:29 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:01:12 -0500, xman@thedripper.com wrote:

> And my point was to indicate how Verizon's customer service is really bad.
> What the hell was your point? And people bitch about my posts.
>
> "Traveling Man" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:44:59 -0500, xman@thedripper.com wrote:
>>
>>> You actually think Verizon's customer service department is one of their
>>> hightlights? An opinion no doubt...as well as mine. Their customer
> service
>>> department is horrible.
>>
>> No worse than any other carrier.

My point was that all carriers have problems with CS. Why take up bandwidth
posting information we already know about?
Anonymous
February 14, 2005 4:58:50 PM

I have to give them a positive rating too- at least for the people on
the other end of the phone.

However the people working in the stores are only slightly more than
totally usless. I've had to phone CS in the store to MAKE THEM do what
CS said they should do! Sheesh!

I did meet a good tech that admitted he couldn't understand the LG
instruction book either!

-Pete

!