Help!

I tried to reboot my computer into safe mode so I could erase some spyware
from my computer. I rebooted into safe mode, and when I try to log-in, it
won't accept my password for some reason. I have tried every password
combination I can think of for as long as I have owned this computer, and for
some reason none of them work.

Now, I am stuck at the log-in screen for safe mode and can't go anywhere. I
can't figure out how to go back to the normal mode (I've tried restarting and
hitting F8, and choosing to restart normally, but that doesn't work), and I
can't get passed the login screen.

The only thing I can think of is I started working for a company as an
independant contractor a few months back, and their IT guy put some software
on my computer (including Exchange server) and that somehow he changed my
administrative settings. But, I can't get a hold of him, and I am nothing
without my computer!

Do I have to wait for him to call me back, in hopes that he has
login/password information, or is there a way to bypass this and at least get
back into my normal settings?

If anyone can help shed some light on this for me, I would greatly
appreciate it. I am not very computer literate, but unfortunately I know
enough to be dangerous to myself!

Reset the password for the local administrator account

Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Erik L." wrote:
| Help!
|
| I tried to reboot my computer into safe mode so I could erase some spyware
| from my computer. I rebooted into safe mode, and when I try to log-in, it
| won't accept my password for some reason. I have tried every password
| combination I can think of for as long as I have owned this computer, and
for
| some reason none of them work.
|
| Now, I am stuck at the log-in screen for safe mode and can't go anywhere.
| can't figure out how to go back to the normal mode (I've tried restarting
and
| hitting F8, and choosing to restart normally, but that doesn't work), and
| can't get passed the login screen.
|
| The only thing I can think of is I started working for a company as an
| independant contractor a few months back, and their IT guy put some
software
| on my computer (including Exchange server) and that somehow he changed my
| administrative settings. But, I can't get a hold of him, and I am nothing
| without my computer!
|
| Do I have to wait for him to call me back, in hopes that he has
| login/password information, or is there a way to bypass this and at least
get
| back into my normal settings?
|
| If anyone can help shed some light on this for me, I would greatly
| appreciate it. I am not very computer literate, but unfortunately I know
| enough to be dangerous to myself!

Why can't you boot to normal mode. Safe and normal have the same passwords.