Does anybody know how to change the boot order on a Presar..

Greetings,

I've been with Compaq/HP online chat for almost an hour.. with no
success. I have a compaq presario 5660. I have the latest bios (1999
ver). I get into the Bios by clicking F10.

I cannot find anywhere in the Bios how to change the boot sequence. I
don't want it to boot to floppy, I want it to boot to the CDROM.

Thanks!

Pat

Well, sorry to say, if its not where you looked, its not there. Its not all
that unusual for Compaq Presarios, particularly older ones, not to offer boot
options. I think the explanation was that Compaq felt users did more to screw
up their PCs if they had Setups that offered detailed options like some other
manufacturers.....

Dale

hh

I just checked the QuickRestore matrix for trhe 5660. The QR kit does not
come with a boot floppy, which means QR disc 1 is bootable, which means if
you have a bootable CD in the drive it will boot from it.
HH

"Patrick" <rivolitorino@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I've been with Compaq/HP online chat for almost an hour.. with no
> success. I have a compaq presario 5660. I have the latest bios (1999
> ver). I get into the Bios by clicking F10.
>
> I cannot find anywhere in the Bios how to change the boot sequence. I
> don't want it to boot to floppy, I want it to boot to the CDROM.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Pat

Thanks to for the replies!

It's the first time I have ever seen such a primitive Bios.
Thanks again! Have a great weekend.

Pat

dej57@aol.com (DEJ57) wrote in message news:<20040826163337.26478.00004560@mb-m03.aol.com>...
> Well, sorry to say, if its not where you looked, its not there. Its not all
> that unusual for Compaq Presarios, particularly older ones, not to offer boot
> options. I think the explanation was that Compaq felt users did more to screw
> up their PCs if they had Setups that offered detailed options like some other
> manufacturers.....
>
> Dale

The 5660 should be bootable. My 5600 was. Make sure you're looking at all
the pages.

Tom