Status
Not open for further replies.

mostwanted9192

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
Hey EveryBody,
I had installed need for speed the run in my PC. and the game is not running very well, i mean the game is slow than the actual speed. i had ATI RADEON HD 5450 1 GB DDR3 graphic card, 2 gb of ram, intel dual core 1.8 Ghz processor. Could it be a 3d card problem or ram problem?
Any answer to this would be appreciated.

Jay_83

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2011
Unfortunately, all your components are well below minimum requirements for this game. The minimum requirements are:

3.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Equivalent
3 GB of RAM
ATI Radeon 4870 / NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT or better.

I'm afraid the game has no chance of running smoothly on your PC without a comprehensive hardware upgrade :(

mostwanted9192

Honorable
Feb 22, 2012
But Modern warfare 2,modern warfare 3,crysis 2,batman arkham acylum city are running smoothly. i think i have the problem of processor.. :( because my friend has 2gb ram, 512 mb 3d card ddr3 and core 2 duo 2.8 GHz. and his pc perfectly running the run.. :(

avimanyu786

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hi mostwanted919,

You could try the following options:

1. Run the game at lower/lowest resolution
2. Lower the graphics settings including settings like anti aliasing,anisotropic filtering,etc, in Catalyst control center(you mentioned that u use a radeon card)
3. U cud also trying lowering the "in game" video settings.
4. Right click on the game's exe file or desktop shortcut >select properties> and choose disable desktop composition and visual themes( assuming u r using windows 7) and run as administrator in the compatibility tab.
5. Use gamebooster to utilize ur pc just for the game.
6. Use 3danalyze to try different tweaks to make the game run better.

Links:

Game Booster: http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

3d Analyze: http://www.3dfxzone.it/dir/tools/3d_analyze/download/ (Click on the save icon)

All The Best

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Does he have the same graphics card than you? if yes, are you sure he is playing at the same resolution/graphics?

You will not be able to play the run at good frames, the problem is nothing with ram/cpu etc... it is your graphics card.

What graphics card does your friend have? saying it is ddr3 don't say much.

Battlefield 3 And Need for speed the Run, Both games use the Frostbite engine, it is a great engine and both games will probably lag a lot in that GPU.

if you were able to change the gpu you would win a lot of performance already, but you would still be bottlenecked by the cpu.

my friend have the same problem that you are experiencing and his graphics card is a 540m (notebook) this graphics card also runs frostbite games in slowmotion and if you compare, 540m is more than 2 times better than your graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS