HELP !! how to overlock Duron??

Junkcollector

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I really need help overclocking my Duron 600. I have an Asus A7V. I've closed the L1 bridges and used the dipswitches to set the duron600 to 650 for a conservative test. My system just wont boot. It does boot at 600 though. I'm sure the pencil I am using is effective because i was able to modify the voltage with it. *** CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME AN OVERVIEW OF HOW TO OVERCLOCK A DURON WITH AN ASUS A7V ***

My system consist of 30gig wd hd, 2x128 pc133 7ns, win modem, diamond viper v770 (tnt2), no sound card because my sb pci128 refuses to work. I just recieved this motherboard brand new yesterday. bios file 1004D

HELP

G

Right try again. I used a conductive pen with no luck. When i use the conductive pen i got my 700 duron to run at 750 but when i tried 800 it went back to 700. So i bought a #2 mechanical pencil, got rid of the conductive solder and did it with a pencil. I ran it all the way to 1059.42. Now running at 850 and default vcore voltage settings. Good luck.

Please don't hate me cause i'm beautiful!!!

G

Also be real careful not to interconnect them. Use a good magnifying glass and hold it up to the light. you should be able to see where it is shinny and all that. They are so very tiny it is really hard for these old eyes to see it but i got and so can you:)

Please don't hate me cause i'm beautiful!!!

JOJO

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
hey as for your sound card...
i don't know if it applies, but the sb live value needs an extra irq so u have to manually set it in the bios..
check out the asus.com in their mobo FAQ for more info

t-bird 800 trying to go higher on an A7V :)