I've found that if I perform a straight cold boot, first of the day, my
computers window bar continues to cycle. See my question of 8/20. However, if
I press "Del" in the initial stage of bootup and leave my computer in the
BIOS setup mode for 2-3 minutes and then exit I am able to boot normally. I
suspect that I may have a problem with the motherboard or one of the PCI
cards having a bad component. Any comments would be appreciated.

"Seasick Sailor" <SeasickSailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've found that if I perform a straight cold boot, first of the day, my
> computers window bar continues to cycle. See my question of 8/20. However,
> if
> I press "Del" in the initial stage of bootup and leave my computer in the
> BIOS setup mode for 2-3 minutes and then exit I am able to boot normally.
> suspect that I may have a problem with the motherboard or one of the PCI
> cards having a bad component. Any comments would be appreciated.

If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say power supply. It would be the first
thing I would test.

> "D.Currie" wrote:
>

>> "Seasick Sailor" <SeasickSailor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > I've found that if I perform a straight cold boot, first of the day, my
>> > computers window bar continues to cycle. See my question of 8/20.
>> > However,
>> > if
>> > I press "Del" in the initial stage of bootup and leave my computer in
>> > the
>> > BIOS setup mode for 2-3 minutes and then exit I am able to boot
>> > normally.
>> > suspect that I may have a problem with the motherboard or one of the
>> > PCI
>> > cards having a bad component. Any comments would be appreciated.
>>
>> If I had to take a wild guess, I'd say power supply. It would be the
>> first
>> thing I would test.
>>

>>This is GREAT!!! I switched the power supply to one of slightly less
>>wattage and low and behold the computer cold booted properly this morning.
>>THANK YOU VERY MUCH "D". This was one of those things that seemed to
>>bother me almost all the time and when resolved really makes a difference,
>>thanks again.

Glad it worked!

:)