Outdoors Wireless access point

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
September 4, 2005 3:40:56 PM

I have a friend that has a large cabana area by his pool and he would
like to sometimes work in the cabana. The cabana is wired for ethernet
but I think that an indoors WAP is going to get ruined specially when
winter arrives.

Does anyone know of an enclosure or a product that can be installed
outdoors?

Regards,

Fabio
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 5, 2005 12:04:59 AM

> Does anyone know of an enclosure or a product that can be installed
> outdoors?

You can put pretty much any AP in a suitably rated outdoor enclosure but
how about sticking the AP indoors and running a short length of cable to
an outdoor antenna?

David.