Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Gta 4 does not works in my pc

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2012 4:43:00 PM

hey can anyone tell me why does GTA 4 does not runs properly in my laptop. my congif is as below...

windows7 ultimate
500 hard disk
intel i5 processor
4gb ram
nvidia geforce gt 525m graphics card.

the game runs but i can't see the city ... when the game rns i only see peoples on street.
when i checked i settings it says graphics setting is too high..
what to do??
please help....

More about : gta works

March 7, 2012 7:01:41 PM

lower the graphics settings to low or medium
m
l
March 7, 2012 10:34:59 PM

Check to see if you are actually playing with the HD 3000 graphics core or the GT 525m.
nVidia's Optima app should allow you to force the laptop to use the GT 525m instead of HD 3000.
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2012 6:06:17 PM

i tried to see it in the nvdia control panel.... but i didn't get it... can you please help by telling me how to lower the settings??? please....
m
l
March 11, 2012 8:29:57 PM

phoenix1313g said:
i tried to see it in the nvdia control panel.... but i didn't get it... can you please help by telling me how to lower the settings??? please....
you can lower the setting ingame by going to the menu and options, GTA 4 runs weirdly on PC it has all sorts of random issues
m
l
March 13, 2012 2:08:04 PM

The game's settings are on lowest only... the resolutions is also small.... and is not allowing me make any changes in the game's graphics settings....i re-installed the game 3 times but still it is not working properly.....what to do??
m
l
March 14, 2012 2:58:27 AM

phoenix1313g said:
The game's settings are on lowest only... the resolutions is also small.... and is not allowing me make any changes in the game's graphics settings....i re-installed the game 3 times but still it is not working properly.....what to do??
try to Google the issue
m
l
March 14, 2012 11:12:40 AM

update your drivers for nvidia and intel HD (go to nvidia and intel websites for those)

once you've updated the drivers go to nvidia control panel under advanced 3d settings make sure you have a profile for gta4, check that it has 525 selected for preferred video card
m
l
March 22, 2012 5:11:09 AM

i already have the updated drivers. and also chosen the settings as you said for Gta4.exe. but still there no change. please help.....
m
l
March 22, 2012 1:11:05 PM

what resolution are you trying to play the game on? your can can only handle up to 1024x768
m
l
March 25, 2012 4:59:42 AM

the game setting are not allowing me make any changes in the graphics setting option. and the resolution of the game is 800x600. is this because i'm running the game in windows7 or something??
m
l
March 25, 2012 5:02:58 AM

but i think the hard disk space required is about 15GB.... and anyway my configuration is better than the recommended one i guess... but does the game works in windows7???
m
l
March 25, 2012 5:48:01 AM

Yes, the game works on Windows 7.
Maybe one of the performance tweaks will fix your problem. Just google "GTA IV performance tweaks".

PS: What version is your GTA IV? You can make more adjustments to the graphics in the newer versions.
m
l
March 26, 2012 3:07:16 PM

i checked in read me file. it's showing the version as V1.0. is this correct or should i check it somewhere else...???
m
l
March 26, 2012 3:35:29 PM

And in the graphics option it is showing resource usage 210/56... what does this means... and if i click on default ... it shows graphics setting is too high.... what to do??
m
l

Best solution

March 26, 2012 4:44:11 PM

phoenix1313g said:
And in the graphics option it is showing resource usage 210/56... what does this means... and if i click on default ... it shows graphics setting is too high.... what to do??

It looks like GTA IV is only detecting about 56 MB of your graphics memory.

Go to your GTA IV folder, and see if there is a .txt file called "commandline". If there is, and it says something that starts with "memrestrict", close it and make a backup copy. Then, clear the command line, then paste this: -noprecache -nomemrestrict -norestrictions

That's part of my commandline, I made my GTA IV work properly with that. If this doesn't work for you, then go back to your original commandline (this is why the backup copy is important). After that, try updating to v1.0.7. and using my commandline.
I would also recommend updating even if there is no commandline.txt file.

Best of luck! :) 
March 26, 2012 6:00:46 PM

thanks a lot. i'll try what you have said and i'll let you know if it works......
m
l
March 27, 2012 1:55:35 PM

Hey thanks a lot... Your solution was perfect for me.. my game is now working properly.
my commandline.txt file was missing. and then i created one as you said. then the game was working properly.
but the camera was shaking drunk drive. so i updated the game with patch. and now it works pretty fine on 800 resolution......... thanks a lot...
m
l
March 27, 2012 1:56:22 PM

Best answer selected by phoenix1313g.
m
l
March 27, 2012 2:01:00 PM

Glad I could help, and thanks for the best answer! :) 
m
l
August 12, 2012 11:52:36 AM

phoenix1313g said:
Hey thanks a lot... Your solution was perfect for me.. my game is now working properly.
my commandline.txt file was missing. and then i created one as you said. then the game was working properly.
but the camera was shaking drunk drive. so i updated the game with patch. and now it works pretty fine on 800 resolution......... thanks a lot...

Hey there , I have the same exact problem as u did have ..... I tried doin the fix but could not find commandline.txt .... How did u do it ?

m
l
October 16, 2012 4:09:09 AM

install net framework \\\

if already installed ,uninstall and then install it again
m
l
November 29, 2012 9:55:54 AM

Thornyjohny said:

Go to your GTA IV folder, and see if there is a .txt file called "commandline". If there is, and it says something that starts with "memrestrict", close it and make a backup copy. Then, clear the command line, then paste this: -noprecache -nomemrestrict -norestrictions

That's part of my commandline, I made my GTA IV work properly with that. If this doesn't work for you, then go back to your original commandline (this is why the backup copy is important). After that, try updating to v1.0.7. and using my commandline.

I cant find the commandline.txt file in my gta IV folder. So how can i create it or fix it.?? Is there any way to do this..
i am using gforce gt525m 1gb vga. but when i preform bench mark test it says graphics card as intel graphics card.
I have change the nvidia control pannel settings for global and program settings.But the game is not recognizing it..
how installing .net framework help this as mention below...? Can u please help me with this??? :(  :(  :( 
m
l
March 16, 2013 4:45:47 AM

Just make a .txt file and name it commandline.
m
l
May 28, 2013 3:53:29 AM

ive got the game on cd and i cant make any new folders or files onto it(i cant really edit or do anything in the folder). i think i may have the same problem because when i start the game i log into rockstar and windows and when i press play it shows them pictures of them guys in game and plays music but doesnt start, it freezes my laptop and i have to restart the system again. but when i change all the graphics to the lowest quality, it says at the bottom of the graphics section 220/27mb with better graphics its about 240mb/27mb, it also says something about my graphics need to be low and i cant really change the resolution from 800x(something) . i think it needs to be able to detect alot more memory than that. i have 6gb ram with windows 8 and i play other game on this laptop, assassins creed 3,fifa 13 and need for speed world. i downloaded the game before online from utorrent but the same problem was happening so i deleted it and just bought the game from a store hoping that the problem wont occur again.
m
l
July 28, 2013 6:27:53 AM

akash2602 said:
phoenix1313g said:

Hey there , I have the same exact problem as u did have ..... I tried doin the fix but could not find commandline.txt .... How did u do it ?

sorry For late reply..
have you got the help,or still looking for it??

m
l
August 6, 2013 5:05:19 AM

phoenix1313g said:
akash2602 said:
phoenix1313g said:

sorry For late reply..

I really need help. Please tell me how to do it if i can't find the commandline.txt?
m
l
August 6, 2013 8:31:25 AM

Liamliam21 said:
phoenix1313g said:
akash2602 said:
phoenix1313g said:

sorry For late reply..

I really need help. Please tell me how to do it if i can't find the commandline.txt?

Hey there,
Just go to your game directory, and open notepad. And copy the following content in it and save it in the gta game folder with name commandline don't add txt extension it will automatically save as txt.

-norestriction
-nomemrestrict
-availablevidmem 4.0
-percentvidmem 100

let me know how it goes!!

m
l
August 10, 2013 10:23:49 PM

Thornyjohny said:
phoenix1313g said:

m
l
August 10, 2013 10:26:42 PM

first go to gta 4 directaroy and make a copy lanch gta 4 in destop and go to the destopk and click rmb on lanch gta 4 and go to its properties and type in the target after somthing was alredey writter -nonrestrictons then make a command line in gta 4 location
m
l
!