Force Zone Alarm to start -- need help

September 1, 2005 9:59:32 PM

I'm using XP Home SP 1 on my laptop. I also use Zone Alarm. I cannot
get it to load up automatically when I start the computer. Yes, I
have checked Zone Alarm's box to have it start up. But it doesn't.
There's no little icon in the task bar; there's no entry in the
startup list.

It used to start up automatically. On my desktop computer at home, it
starts up automatically.

Question: How do I make a a startup entry, boot.ini, or config.sys or
whatever kind to force Zone Alarm to start?

Question: Any idea why it might have quit working?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

More about : force zone alarm start

Anonymous
September 2, 2005 4:08:25 AM

Zone Labs User Forum
http://forum.zonelabs.org/zonelabs

Ted Zieglar

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message news:0q8fh116e825bmmpgm7r3b7eschsdac1j6@4ax.com...
> I'm using XP Home SP 1 on my laptop. I also use Zone Alarm. I cannot
> get it to load up automatically when I start the computer. Yes, I
> have checked Zone Alarm's box to have it start up. But it doesn't.
> There's no little icon in the task bar; there's no entry in the
> startup list.
>
> It used to start up automatically. On my desktop computer at home, it
> starts up automatically.
>
> Question: How do I make a a startup entry, boot.ini, or config.sys or
> whatever kind to force Zone Alarm to start?
>
> Question: Any idea why it might have quit working?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net
September 2, 2005 6:04:19 AM

"<*(((><{" <Fishy@Ocean.Net> wrote in message
> I'm using XP Home SP 1 on my laptop. I also use Zone Alarm. I cannot
> get it to load up automatically when I start the computer. Yes, I
> have checked Zone Alarm's box to have it start up. But it doesn't.
> There's no little icon in the task bar; there's no entry in the
> startup list.
>
> It used to start up automatically. On my desktop computer at home, it
> starts up automatically.
>
> Question: How do I make a a startup entry, boot.ini, or config.sys or
> whatever kind to force Zone Alarm to start?
You certainly would not expect to see anything in boot.ini. Config.sys is
now merely a place holder.
On my system, under the startup tab of msconfig, there is a check mark for
zlclient. That is Zone Labs Client. Perhaps your system does not have this
item checked.
Jim
!