Sign in with
Your question

Arma 2 free blurs and unread textures.

Last response: in Video Games
March 7, 2012 10:29:05 PM

I do not know how to explain this but basicall, Whenever I load arma 2 up on my laptop, it runs fine and everything in the menu ( no lag at all). But as soon as I'm loaded into a mission, I see white triangles and blurs and practically can't play the game, It's all up to date but am I missing something?
Thanks-Bubby
March 7, 2012 11:55:15 PM

Sounds like artifacting. Clocks (specifically memclock) on gpu are too high, or voltage too low, or a combination of the 2.

Post more info about your hardware.
March 8, 2012 1:17:38 AM

I got an i3 core, and a intel acellerated 3d gpu (Don't be alarmed, it's just a ordinary laptop) which I know can run arma, is there any patches i can do.
Related resources
March 9, 2012 3:51:49 AM

BubbyGtx said:
I got an i3 core, and a intel acellerated 3d gpu (Don't be alarmed, it's just a ordinary laptop) which I know can run arma, is there any patches i can do.

What are your graphic specs? you may have to mess with the video memory in the advanced options... try setting it to default or low. If you're running integrated graphics, it is going to very difficult to run that game... I know it's a cpu intensive game but I toyed with Arma II and Operation Arrowhead more than I've ever toyed with any other game... the bottom line is that the game is a beast. People talk about Crysis being a beat, max Arma II with it's view distance and turn every setting up. I would love to see somebody run that without dipping below 60 fps... I don't think it's possible. I'm talking 3960x overclocked with 32 Gb of ram and 4way GTX580 SLI on an SSD drive with windows basic... that game is intense because it's based off of legitimate military sim software.

With that being said, I would turn view distance to 1200 and set everything to normal and set your vram to low or default and let us know how you fare.
March 9, 2012 6:05:52 AM

if your running the free to play version then your stuck with the low rez textures. they really are pants looking unless your hundreds of yards away from em...
you cant even import the high rez textures that the modders released...
if it is the free version then you can leave most things as they are as they wont actually affect the quality of the game. but you can increase the view distance because of the lower rez textures. they dot stress the gpu, freeing it up to do other things like draw distance...

basically the free version is the minimum settings version of the game and its locked... so unless you buy it, your stuck with blurry blurry gfx jaggy shadows and lots of texture pop...

March 9, 2012 5:43:19 PM

I was wondering what the deal was with the free to play.
!