Right-click shortcuts EXTREMELY slow

Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
Is there a way to fix or improve this?
4 answers Last reply
More about right click shortcuts extremely slow

    Hi LindaP,

    Have a look here (information provided courtesy of Ramesh [MVP]):

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Regards,

    --
    Patti MacLeod
    Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

    "LindaP" <LindaP@work.ma.us> wrote in message
    > Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
    > renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
    > Is there a way to fix or improve this?

    Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

    "LindaP" <LindaP@work.ma.us> wrote in message
    > Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
    > renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
    > Is there a way to fix or improve this?

    You're welcome :-)

    Regards,

    --

    > Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

    Per the troubleshooting info and Shellexview i was able to narrow down my
    problem to Microsoft and offline files. All other context handlers and
    property sheets did not affect the delay as this did. Since my pc image
    that I am creating will be always connected to a network, disabling this
    seems like it's the solution I needed! ( I ended up leaving the context
    handler enabled, and shutting off offline files from Windows Explorer tools/
    offline files).

    Thanks for pointing me to in the right direction and for this new new
    information!

    "Patti MacLeod" <pam120@nospamshaw.ca> wrote in message
    > Hi LindaP,
    >
    > Have a look here (information provided courtesy of Ramesh [MVP]):
    >
    > Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    > Patti MacLeod
    > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
    >
    > "LindaP" <LindaP@work.ma.us> wrote in message
    >> Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
    >> renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known
    >> problem?
    >> Is there a way to fix or improve this?

Microsoft Windows XP