Right-click shortcuts EXTREMELY slow

Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
Is there a way to fix or improve this?

Hi LindaP,

Have a look here (information provided courtesy of Ramesh [MVP]):

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"LindaP" <LindaP@work.ma.us> wrote in message
> Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
> renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
> Is there a way to fix or improve this?

Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

"LindaP" <LindaP@work.ma.us> wrote in message
> Experiencing extreme slowness when right click shortcuts for deleting,
> renaming or looking at properties in Windows XP. Is this a known problem?
> Is there a way to fix or improve this?

You're welcome :)

Regards,

--

> Thanks for the info, I will check it out.

Per the troubleshooting info and Shellexview i was able to narrow down my
problem to Microsoft and offline files. All other context handlers and
property sheets did not affect the delay as this did. Since my pc image
that I am creating will be always connected to a network, disabling this
seems like it's the solution I needed! ( I ended up leaving the context
handler enabled, and shutting off offline files from Windows Explorer tools/
offline files).

Thanks for pointing me to in the right direction and for this new new
information!