terry

My 'Recording Control' shows Microphone 'select' button checked.
Volume Control does not.
Could this be part of the reason I cannot use my microphone to record into
Audacity and/or Sound Recorder?

TIA,
Terry

No. Vol control is if you want to speak in mic and hear in speakers - not very useful but if you use it as a PA system ...

Terry wrote:
> My 'Recording Control' shows Microphone 'select' button checked.
> Volume Control does not.
> Could this be part of the reason I cannot use my microphone to record into
> Audacity and/or Sound Recorder?
>
> TIA,
> Terry

Terry,

I use Audacity and always have it set to "what you hear" so,
literally, if you can hear in through your 'speakers then Audacity
will record it.

You will need to make sure that microphone input is not muted in the
Playback section of Windows Volume control (or your soundcard's
version).

Charlie.

--
Broadcasting to the environs