What about Voodoo 3 3000? Max OC?

G

This is just similar to the previous post on a V3 2000, but I own a V3 3000 so I wondered how far can it possibly be pussed to. I plan on building a water cooled sistem that could also cool down this "frying eggs" video card of mine.
With a couple of small fans and retail heat sink the maximum speed I can reach without crashes is 180 (default 166)using V3OCpp (I believe it's called like that). This utility is the one that adds a tab to the properties pannel. By the way, is there any program that overclocks separately memory and chip, and is it worth in this vid card? Thanks

Saludos a todos

G

Anda y encima hispanohablante... Te escribiría el post en español pero mejor si los demás se enteran.

I own a Voodoo 3 2000 and I can get up to 180Mhz with a back fan glued to the card (the original heatsink + an old pentium fan) and a big fan and heatsink attached where the old heatsink used to be. Heat is not an issue now, but it doesn't overclock higher. For what I have read about Voodoo 3 3000 you could get to 190 or 195 Mhz. Due to the specs of the chip, it runs synchronised with the memory, so you cannot overclock them sepparately. If you have the AGP or PCI bus you won't be able to overclock so high. I also use the overclocking program I downloaded from www.3dfx.com.

¡Saludos!

G

Bueno, da gusto leer un poco de español! Como bien dices seamos más universales.
I guess I'll have to change retail heatsink, since I'm far from reaching those 190 mhz (at least), and add another one at the back of my card. I'll let you know if I get any improvemet.

Saludos a todos