Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can i play BF3?

Last response: in Video Games
March 8, 2012 12:33:41 AM

Hey guys, im not rich so i cant afford much of a system.... but i was wanting to know if my system will "play" BF3 i dont really care if its Ultra or Low, lol i actually perfer FPS, over Graphics anyway. (even thought graphics are nice) anyway can i play it?

AMD Phenom ii x4 960T @3.0ghz
M5A78L-M LX mb
8gb DDR3 1333mhz ram
XFX Radeon HD 6670 1gb DDR3 ram
Antec Earthwatts EA-430 PSU

so can i play it?

Also what do you think of my system? its actually my first build and well couldn't afford much, but it performs really well. (at least compared to my old P4 640 3.2ghz system lol )

More about : play bf3

March 8, 2012 1:56:47 AM

For a budget build and being a first timer. Not to bad. I would of done a little better on the GPU and a little faster RAM. You will be able to play BF3. You will just have to play around with the settings to see what will be the best.
m
l
March 8, 2012 3:52:50 AM

Games always have minimum system requirements.
and for BF3 here is it:

Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Althon X2 2.7 GHz)
Memory: 2 GB
Hard Drive: 20 GB
Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
Sound card : DirectX compatible

and compared to your system that is way higher than the minimum. then you can play BF3 very well even for a high settings and medium for some graphics configuration..

enjoy
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2012 4:04:28 AM

DM186 said:
For a budget build and being a first timer. Not to bad. I would of done a little better on the GPU and a little faster RAM. You will be able to play BF3. You will just have to play around with the settings to see what will be the best.

play arround with the ram ?

lol theres nothing wrong with 1333 8 gb , i pwn this game @ ultra settings with that slow slow snaly ram :p 
m
l
March 8, 2012 4:10:13 AM

Slow ram not the problem when it comes to games. graphics card would mean much.. and with the minimum requirements of the game, he can enjoy BF3 very well with high setting..
m
l
March 8, 2012 8:04:51 AM

Ram won't be a problem at all.. 6670 can handle BF3..
m
l
March 8, 2012 10:53:54 AM

cm0scm0s said:
play arround with the ram ?

lol theres nothing wrong with 1333 8 gb , i pwn this game @ ultra settings with that slow slow snaly ram :p 

Will run at 1333Mhz

BUT, it is better to run at 1600Mhz and above.
Better performance & not much in price.
m
l
March 8, 2012 11:03:20 AM

matt2155 said:
Will run at 1333Mhz

BUT, it is better to run at 1600Mhz and above.
Better performance & not much in price.

of course there are much better system specification in playing such game, but also there considerations like its his first time to build and maybe doesnt know which are more better when it comes to specifications. the good thing is he can still play the game well, maybe not on high graphics config, like others prefer...
m
l
March 8, 2012 11:20:47 AM

rorouni said:
of course there are much better system specification in playing such game, but also there considerations like its his first time to build and maybe doesnt know which are more better when it comes to specifications. the good thing is he can still play the game well, maybe not on high graphics config, like others prefer...

Yeah, thats fair enough

BF3 will play on your configuration, maybe on the lowest settings, but if thats all you need then save the money :D 
m
l

Best solution

March 8, 2012 11:48:34 PM

@OP It looks like some of guys on here didn't understand what I meant about the ram and did I not say that you can run BF3 on your rig? And my meaning about if it was me.

I guess it made some people think that I said you couldn't run BF3 on your rig. Hey I made a big mistake on my GPU's when building my rig and I have people tell me all the time that they would have done something else if it were them.

Anyway it goes to show choose your words carefully on here or they could be taken out of contex. Oh yeah did I say to you to mess around with your RAM? I thought I said mess around with your settings.

Well I guess it is time to move on I hope what I have said has helped in some way besides having my words twisted by some, not all. I wish you good luck and have fun playing BF3 :D  :hello: 
March 15, 2012 11:57:17 PM

Best answer selected by TechnicEclipse.
m
l
!