need help with HDD

September 3, 2005 2:51:05 PM

My hard drive has been making a beeping noise and when it does that my
computer freezes. and I think this one game I play causes it. so then i
uninstalled the game but it still seems to be doing it. my computer works
now it is just really slow. and now my hard drive is running at 8MB sec. (I
tested my PC at pcpitstop.com). and my PC should be running at least 37-45 MB
sec. please help me!
--
hi

More about : hdd

Anonymous
September 3, 2005 6:54:56 PM

Excuse me for interupting here but HD dont beep..........
They make funny scratching/rattling sounds before they crash.
Your motherboard sends beeps as a warning that something is
wrong.........the manual at times has this beep code in it.
The sequence of beeps have a meaning you need to determine that
meaning....to find out what is wrong.The beeps depend upon the type of BIOS
your motherboard uses.It could very well be the HD with the mobo monitoring
its performance but it also could be something more serious and adding a new
drive before finding out could damage that new drive.
I would suggest you determine the make of your HD and visit that website to
download their testing software to check your HD.
peterk

"Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard drive has been making a beeping noise and when it does that my
> computer freezes. and I think this one game I play causes it. so then i
> uninstalled the game but it still seems to be doing it. my computer works
> now it is just really slow. and now my hard drive is running at 8MB sec.
> (I
> tested my PC at pcpitstop.com). and my PC should be running at least 37-45
> MB
> sec. please help me!
> --
> hi
September 3, 2005 10:20:43 PM

"Sanchez" <Sanchez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My hard drive has been making a beeping noise and when it does that my
> computer freezes. and I think this one game I play causes it. so then i
> uninstalled the game but it still seems to be doing it. my computer works
> now it is just really slow. and now my hard drive is running at 8MB sec.
> (I
> tested my PC at pcpitstop.com). and my PC should be running at least 37-45
> MB
> sec. please help me!
> --
> hi
Time for a new drive? Backup your data first.
Jim
September 3, 2005 10:20:44 PM

could you tell how to remove the old hard drive and install the new one?
--
hi

!