test broadband and wireless speed

Hi,
Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable internet
speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?
3 answers Last reply
More about test broadband wireless speed

    Here's one http://bandwidthplace.com/

    "Kvfletch" <Kvfletch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable internet
    > speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?

    Thx, I did google for it and ran some online. Having trouble finding
    something to test my wireless out with.
    I want to get an idea of the speed from say my laptop to my desktop?
    Then I can run another test to see the bandwidth from the machine plugged
    into the wired router and then one from the wireless laptop.

    Kvfletch wrote:
    > Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable
    > internet speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?

    Google for it.
    Many online tests exist as well as applications - many freeware.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Broadband Wireless Windows XP