test broadband and wireless speed

a b F Wireless
September 4, 2005 12:34:22 AM

Hi,
Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable internet
speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?
September 4, 2005 1:28:48 AM

Here's one http://bandwidthplace.com/

"Kvfletch" <Kvfletch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable internet
> speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 4, 2005 1:41:02 AM

Thx, I did google for it and ran some online. Having trouble finding
something to test my wireless out with.
I want to get an idea of the speed from say my laptop to my desktop?
Then I can run another test to see the bandwidth from the machine plugged
into the wired router and then one from the wireless laptop.

"Jerry" wrote:

> Here's one http://bandwidthplace.com/
>
> "Kvfletch" <Kvfletch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable internet
> > speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
September 4, 2005 2:57:53 AM

Kvfletch wrote:
> Anyone got a COUPLE different ways to test out someone's cable
> internet speed and also test out the speed of their wireless network?

Google for it.
Many online tests exist as well as applications - many freeware.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP