EQ1 how would you /bug this one?

I had just logged on but I didn't get to stay on for more than a few
seconds before I was booted out. But right before I got the boot,
there was a server wide message that read (quoted from log)

<SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 71582 minutes. Please plan
accordingly.

That is a lot more than 1 second I had before I was disconnected. In
fact that is about 50 days.

Anyone want to try and /bug it when the server comes back? And why
was it brought down?

Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
> I had just logged on but I didn't get to stay on for more than a few
> seconds before I was booted out. But right before I got the boot,
> there was a server wide message that read (quoted from log)
>
> <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 71582 minutes. Please plan
> accordingly.

I've seen that before when I log in just as the server is going down.
(Actually, I just checked my logs; when it happened to me it was 71580
minutes. :) I assume it's due to some sort of bug when the shutdown
time has actually arrived but you haven't quite been kicked off yet,
and so the "time till shutdown" is negative.

> Anyone want to try and /bug it when the server comes back? And why
> was it brought down?

Well, the answer to the last question is obvious: it was brought down
because there was an update recently. Heck, they managed to leave it
up for nearly 24 hours before they had to take it down to patch it!

So, I wonder if giving stuff to an NPC will still leave me invisible
after it comes back up?

-- Don.

-- Sukrasisx, Monk 51 on E. Marr Note: If you reply by mail,
-- Terrwini, Druid 43 on E. Marr I'll get to it sooner if you
-- http://www.iCynic.com/~don

"Don Woods" <don-ns@iCynic.com> wrote in message
> Impmon <impmon@digi.mon> writes:
>> I had just logged on but I didn't get to stay on for more than a few
>> seconds before I was booted out. But right before I got the boot,
>> there was a server wide message that read (quoted from log)
>>
>> <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:Server coming down in 71582 minutes. Please plan
>> accordingly.
>
> I've seen that before when I log in just as the server is going down.
> (Actually, I just checked my logs; when it happened to me it was 71580
> minutes. :) I assume it's due to some sort of bug when the shutdown
> time has actually arrived but you haven't quite been kicked off yet,
> and so the "time till shutdown" is negative.
>
>> Anyone want to try and /bug it when the server comes back? And why
>> was it brought down?
>
> Well, the answer to the last question is obvious: it was brought down
> because there was an update recently. Heck, they managed to leave it
> up for nearly 24 hours before they had to take it down to patch it!
>
> So, I wonder if giving stuff to an NPC will still leave me invisible
> after it comes back up?
>
> -- Don.

Last night a guy in my guild would die ( we were raiding ), come back fully
armored and had his full set on his corpse - lootable ( except the attuned /
no drop stuff since he was already that stuff ).

Cladari