CD rom not responding, Compaq Presario 7360

Hi all,
I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario, with a label on the tower
that says 7360. She did a Quick Restore because of the blue screen of
death, after being online and chatting at Yahoo. Now, the cd rom
drive will not recognize any cd at all. I'm guessing a corrupt
driver, but just guessing. I never owned a Compaq so I don't know
much about it. Help. Any ideas?
Also, she can no longer get online through her Verizon DSL
connection because she can't get the cd rom drive to recognize the cd.

Many thanks,
Josh
http://www.joshkaplan.com
5 answers Last reply
More about responding compaq presario 7360

    Try removing the CD-ROM drive from device manager in Windows. Then reboot
    and see if Windows will redetect it.
    HH

    "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario, with a label on the tower
    > that says 7360. She did a Quick Restore because of the blue screen of
    > death, after being online and chatting at Yahoo. Now, the cd rom
    > drive will not recognize any cd at all. I'm guessing a corrupt
    > driver, but just guessing. I never owned a Compaq so I don't know
    > much about it. Help. Any ideas?
    > Also, she can no longer get online through her Verizon DSL
    > connection because she can't get the cd rom drive to recognize the cd.
    >

    > Many thanks,
    > Josh
    > http://www.joshkaplan.com

    I had Debbie do as you mentioned....no luck. Any suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Josh

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<PPYXc.650$lV5.127@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
    > Try removing the CD-ROM drive from device manager in Windows. Then reboot
    > and see if Windows will redetect it.
    > HH
    >
    > "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi all,
    > > I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario, with a label on the tower
    > > that says 7360. She did a Quick Restore because of the blue screen of
    > > death, after being online and chatting at Yahoo. Now, the cd rom
    > > drive will not recognize any cd at all. I'm guessing a corrupt
    > > driver, but just guessing. I never owned a Compaq so I don't know
    > > much about it. Help. Any ideas?
    > > Also, she can no longer get online through her Verizon DSL
    > > connection because she can't get the cd rom drive to recognize the cd.
    > >

    > > Many thanks,
    > > Josh
    > > http://www.joshkaplan.com

    Does the drive show up in Windows Explorer and My Computer?

    > I had Debbie do as you mentioned....no luck. Any suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Josh
    >
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Try removing the CD-ROM drive from device manager in Windows. Then
    reboot
    > > and see if Windows will redetect it.
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi all,
    > > > I have a friend who has a Compaq Presario, with a label on the tower
    > > > that says 7360. She did a Quick Restore because of the blue screen of
    > > > death, after being online and chatting at Yahoo. Now, the cd rom
    > > > drive will not recognize any cd at all. I'm guessing a corrupt
    > > > driver, but just guessing. I never owned a Compaq so I don't know
    > > > much about it. Help. Any ideas?
    > > > Also, she can no longer get online through her Verizon DSL
    > > > connection because she can't get the cd rom drive to recognize the cd.
    > > >

    > > > Many thanks,
    > > > Josh
    > > > http://www.joshkaplan.com

    We checked in "My Computer" and the cd drive shows up with a plus. We
    checked in Windows Explorer and got for the d drive, "system_sav(d)".
    She uses the E drive, and that showed up too.

    Josh

    "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<DJuYc.731$lV5.610@fe25.usenetserver.com>...
    > Does the drive show up in Windows Explorer and My Computer?
    > HH
    >
    > "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
    > > I had Debbie do as you mentioned....no luck. Any suggestions?
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > > Josh
    > >
    > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > > Try removing the CD-ROM drive from device manager in Windows. Then
    > reboot
    > > > and see if Windows will redetect it.
    > > > HH
    > > >
    > > > "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message

    E: is the CD ROM drive unless a different hard drive with more than 2
    partitions was installed.
    The hard drive is C: and D: and the CD-ROM drive is E:
    > We checked in "My Computer" and the cd drive shows up with a plus. We
    > checked in Windows Explorer and got for the d drive, "system_sav(d)".
    > She uses the E drive, and that showed up too.
    >
    > Josh
    >
    > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Does the drive show up in Windows Explorer and My Computer?
    > > HH
    > >
    > > "josh" <josh@joshkaplan.com> wrote in message
    > > > I had Debbie do as you mentioned....no luck. Any suggestions?
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > > Josh
    > > >
    > > > "HH" <hahunt42@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > reboot