galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:913EA99D-51B4-4CA6-8C84-3809B6BFA858@microsoft.com,
Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> everytime I startup the printer re-installs.

Does this apply?

The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
the Computer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

It does not look like the Hardward Wizard is starting it goes right to
installing the printer.

"Galen" wrote:

> In news:913EA99D-51B4-4CA6-8C84-3809B6BFA858@microsoft.com,
> Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> > everytime I startup the printer re-installs.
>
> Does this apply?
>
> The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every Restart of
> the Computer:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained his
> trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you will
> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after all."
>
> Sherlock Holmes

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:0D12CF67-C645-4810-9CC2-587B0427A349@microsoft.com,
Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> It does not look like the Hardward Wizard is starting it goes right to
> installing the printer.
>
> "Galen" wrote:
>
>> In news:913EA99D-51B4-4CA6-8C84-3809B6BFA858@microsoft.com,
>> Tom <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

>>> everytime I startup the printer re-installs.
>>
>> Does this apply?
>>
>> The New Hardware Wizard May Detect the Printer Device After Every
>> Restart of the Computer:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q298370
>>
>> Galen
>> --
>>
>> "You know that a conjurer gets no credit when once he has explained
>> his trick; and if I show you too much of my method of working, you
>> will
>> come to the conclusion that I am a very ordinary individual after
>> all."
>>
>> Sherlock Holmes

Have you tried the fix? From the page:

1. Log on to your computer by using an administrator account.
2. Click Start, and then click Run.
3. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
4. Locate and click the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\LPTENUM
5. Right-click the registry key, and then click Delete.
6. Under Confirm Key Delete, click Yes.
7. Close Registry Editor, and then restart your computer.

Note:

Just so you know editing the registry isn't the brightest thing to do though
many of us do it all the time. However, you have been warned. For a better
warning:
http://kgiii.info/windows/all/general/regedit_warn.html

I'd give it a shot and see if it fixes it, just because you don't notice the
hardware wizard doesn't mean that's not the reason that it's happening. This
is, as far as I know, the only cause for this and the only resolution.

Galen

Sherlock Holmes

TRENDING THREADS