Can someone plz convey the proper line to open Win Explore..

Webster

Must be getting feeble in dotage. Did annual cleanup and can't recall
the call.

TIA

C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Webster" wrote:

| Must be getting feeble in dotage. Did annual cleanup and can't recall
| the call.
|
| TIA

This will create a shortcut to C: with the Folders Pane showing.
Right click the Desktop | New | Shortcut |
Type or copy and paste this in the box:

%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

Next | Finish

Or change the Target of your existing shortcut to
%windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
-----

Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314853

HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307856

HOW TO: Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started

HOW TO: Change Windows Explorer Default View to My Computer
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221878

-----

You can also assign a shortcut key to that shortcut.

Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab |
[[With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you
want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically start
with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select the
key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You cannot
use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE keys.

Note
Once you assign a shortcut key combination for a specific program, you will
not be able to use that key combination with other programs.]]

I use Ctrl + Alt + E.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes