Can someone plz convey the proper line to open Win Explore..

Must be getting feeble in dotage. Did annual cleanup and can't recall
the call.

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about convey proper line open explore

    C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Webster" wrote:

    | Must be getting feeble in dotage. Did annual cleanup and can't recall
    | the call.
    |
    | TIA

    This will create a shortcut to C: with the Folders Pane showing.
    Right click the Desktop | New | Shortcut |
    Type or copy and paste this in the box:

    %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:

    Next | Finish

    Or change the Target of your existing shortcut to
    %windir%\EXPLORER.EXE /e,c:
    -----

    Explorer.exe Command-Line Options for Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314853

    HOW TO: Customize the Windows Explorer Views in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307856

    HOW TO: Have Windows Explorer Default to the %SystemRoot% Drive When Started

    HOW TO: Change Windows Explorer Default View to My Computer
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221878

    -----

    You can also assign a shortcut key to that shortcut.

    Right click the shortcut | Properties | Shortcut tab |
    [[With the cursor in the Shortcut key box, select the keyboard key you
    want to use in combination with CTRL+ALT. Shortcut keys automatically start
    with CTRL+ALT. The Shortcut key box will display None until you select the
    key and then the box will display Ctrl+Alt+the key you selected. You cannot
    use the ESC, ENTER, TAB, SPACEBAR, PRINT SCREEN, SHIFT, or BACKSPACE keys.

    Note
    Once you assign a shortcut key combination for a specific program, you will
    not be able to use that key combination with other programs.]]

    I use Ctrl + Alt + E.

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:5nanh1th7mtgb5sfbed16nc7v1b0p0407m@4ax.com,
    Webster <Times@some.org> hunted and pecked:
    > Must be getting feeble in dotage. Did annual cleanup and can't recall
    > the call.
    >
    > TIA

Microsoft Windows XP