  • Microsoft
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
September 5, 2005 12:56:03 AM

I need to remove sotware from my computer but I don't have the Administrator
password and that's the only Admin that I have. How can I reset the Admin
password?

More about : reset administrator password

Anonymous
September 5, 2005 1:20:32 AM

Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the boot
disk, this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
operating system
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 3:48:09 PM

Hi John,

Have you tried resetting the password from the hidden Administrator account?
Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options
menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator. This is the hidden
Administrator account (not intended for day to day use) and assuming a password was never
assigned to it click enter.
Account changes can be made from Control Panel, or:
From there go to Start - Run and type
control userpasswords2
then press enter. From there you can select any user account and Reset Passwords,
add/remove accounts or change account type.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

!