How to reset Administrator Password

I need to remove sotware from my computer but I don't have the Administrator
password and that's the only Admin that I have. How can I reset the Admin
password?
2 answers Last reply
More about reset administrator password

    Go to http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/ and download the boot
    disk, this will enable you to reset any system password on an NT class
    operating system

    Hi John,

    Have you tried resetting the password from the hidden Administrator account?
    Boot tapping the F8 key as the BIOS information goes by. At the Windows Advanced Options
    menu select Safe Mode. On the welcome screen select Administrator. This is the hidden
    Administrator account (not intended for day to day use) and assuming a password was never
    assigned to it click enter.
    Account changes can be made from Control Panel, or:
    From there go to Start - Run and type
    control userpasswords2
    then press enter. From there you can select any user account and Reset Passwords,
    add/remove accounts or change account type.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    John wrote:
    > I need to remove sotware from my computer but I don't
    > have the Administrator password and that's the only Admin
    > that I have. How can I reset the Admin password?

Microsoft Computers Windows XP