problem with shortcut

Both of my cd rom drives have red question marks on them. When I try and
access them I get this message:

"The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD RW.lnk' refers to is
unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the network resource
is available, and then try again."
1 answer Last reply
More about problem shortcut

    Check Device Manager for non-starting devices and or error codes.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "darren" wrote:
    | Both of my cd rom drives have red question marks on them. When I try and
    | access them I get this message:
    |
    | "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'CD RW.lnk' refers to
    is
    | unavailable. Make sure the disk is properly inserted or the network
    resource
    | is available, and then try again."

Network Connection CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP