Compaq Proliant 850R

Last response: in Computer Brands
August 29, 2004 1:20:55 AM

Hi everybody,
just bought an old Proliant 850R and installed Linux on it. Everything is
fine, no problems.
However, I did not find a way to enter the BIOS to see/change items.
I can rember from my Compaq Notebook experiences that usually F10 is the
magic key, but nothing happens.
There is also no Installation/System floppy. Did not find anything on the
now HP pages.
Any idea?
Thanks, H.E.

More about : compaq proliant 850r

August 29, 2004 3:43:28 AM

Heinrich Egner wrote:

> Hi everybody,
> just bought an old Proliant 850R and installed Linux on it. Everything is
> fine, no problems.
> However, I did not find a way to enter the BIOS to see/change items.
> I can rember from my Compaq Notebook experiences that usually F10 is the
> magic key, but nothing happens.
> There is also no Installation/System floppy. Did not find anything on the
> now HP pages.
> Any idea?
> Thanks, H.E.
The f10 partition on servers is a bit larger than the desktops/notebooks so
it doesn't fit on a few floppies. Find an old smartstart CD and use it
(you will need to have the drive blank though)
!