Chipset&Mobo for P3 or AMD with DDR-Ram

G

Please respond because it's really important my investment. ok I'm building myself a PC and I want it for video editing, 3d animation, Music, so I've done all my research and I know what products to get but there is a problem that most of my products have been designed for the P3 and in real life test these products have performed better than AMD thunderbird because they haven't been designed for these processors which sucks because of the price but anyway i'm willing to pay the extra 50 dollars difference of the processor but I would like to know if you know about any chipset & motherboards manufacturer that are in the process of making a chipset that supports dual PIII processor or AMD with DDR-Ram & most important when are they going to be available in the market and also can I overclock the P3 FSB to 200 Mhz if the MOBO lets me do it?
and please e-mail me back @ burningsuns@aol.com or latinjuan@hotmail.com
thanx

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It will be several months until a DDR board will be out for Intel CPUS because of the Rambus deal. Intel has to support RDRAM so VIA has stepped in to make DDR intel boards, but VIA won't probably release those until late Q1 or even Q2. AMD DDR boards are slowly becoming available even now. No dual processor ones until late Q1, but if you go to pricewatch and search for AMD 760, you will see a couple. Most of them are sold out though because demand is so high.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"