cheryl

I would like to know how i can back up my computer if i have a laptop? i dont
understand how i can do this without a floppy disk drive???

"Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like to know how i can back up my computer if i have a laptop? i
>dont
> understand how i can do this without a floppy disk drive???

CD-RW or DVD-RW drive, external USB or Firewire drive, network connection.
There are many methods. I recommend a portable hard drive and a disk imaging
program like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost combines with a CD or DVD
drive to back up indivdual files.

Kerry

Kerry Brown wrote:
> "Cheryl" <Cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I would like to know how i can back up my computer if i have a laptop? i
> >dont
> > understand how i can do this without a floppy disk drive???
>
> CD-RW or DVD-RW drive, external USB or Firewire drive, network connection.
> There are many methods. I recommend a portable hard drive and a disk imaging
> program like Acronis True Image or Norton Ghost combines with a CD or DVD
> drive to back up indivdual files.
>
> Kerry

Yea, I recommend portable hard drive too. It's very easy and most
dependable way. As for disk imaging program, I prefer Acronis True
Image[http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/]. It has
very easy and convenient windows wisard, that makes utilization faster
and better. Also it works a bit faster than Ghost. You could creat an
exact image of your system, keep it on HDD, or make CD/DVD(if you have
rewritable ROM). Due to highest level compression it takes not much
space.
Truly nice software, I've been using it for a long time and completely
satisfy.

Get an external USB hard drive, or USB disk on key, and use Relative
Rev Backup for Workstation software (http://www.datamulls.com)