[EQ2] Did rare resources get increased drops?

Did rare resources get increased in the drop tables?

I was doing the dwarven boot quest part 1 and harvesting all the nodes
to get the iron and wood to spawn in Antonica. In two days I gathered
1 coral, 1 silver, 2 severed bones, 1 nonsullied hide and 3 sisal
roots. Nothing like that has ever happened in this way before.

Was I just very lucky or did the resource tables change?

--
Wulfbones Gnome Cleric Qeynos Antonia Bayle
Wulfrunner Gnome Predator Qeynos Antonia Bayle

Wulfbones

Wulfbones wrote:
> Did rare resources get increased in the drop tables?
>
> I was doing the dwarven boot quest part 1 and harvesting all the
nodes
> to get the iron and wood to spawn in Antonica. In two days I gathered
> 1 coral, 1 silver, 2 severed bones, 1 nonsullied hide and 3 sisal
> roots. Nothing like that has ever happened in this way before.
>
> Was I just very lucky or did the resource tables change?

Lucky!!! All I got was one blacken iron ore, plus on one seems to want
to buy it off me!!

On 28 Jan 2005 02:24:19 -0800, BombayMix wrote:

>Wulfbones wrote:

>> Was I just very lucky or did the resource tables change?

>Lucky!!! All I got was one blacken iron ore, plus on one seems to want
>to buy it off me!!

I've been wondering if there's something I'm missing about rare harvests?
They seem to sell at prices multiple times higher than the best items
crafted from them.

E.g. I sold a T3 steel cluster at 10g in half an hour, and there were two
others for sale at +15g.

However, when I searched for "steel" the weapons and armor listed were only
marginally better than comparable carbonite ones, and there was no way I
would have paid more than a gold or three for them. Nor would anybody else,
it seems, because that was generally what was asked for them.

I'm now a 23 weaponsmith, and I'm wondering if I should have kept the steel
cluster for myself because it would significantly have boosted my tradeskill
career in some way?
--
Henrik Dissing
Vork - Dwarf Guardian and Weaponsmith on Highkeep

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:46 +0100, Henrik Dissing
<sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>On 28 Jan 2005 02:24:19 -0800, BombayMix wrote:
>
>>Wulfbones wrote:
>
>>> Was I just very lucky or did the resource tables change?
>
>>Lucky!!! All I got was one blacken iron ore, plus on one seems to want
>>to buy it off me!!
>
>I've been wondering if there's something I'm missing about rare harvests?
>They seem to sell at prices multiple times higher than the best items
>crafted from them.
>
>E.g. I sold a T3 steel cluster at 10g in half an hour, and there were two
>others for sale at +15g.
>
>However, when I searched for "steel" the weapons and armor listed were only
>marginally better than comparable carbonite ones, and there was no way I
>would have paid more than a gold or three for them. Nor would anybody else,
>it seems, because that was generally what was asked for them.
>
>I'm now a 23 weaponsmith, and I'm wondering if I should have kept the steel
>cluster for myself because it would significantly have boosted my tradeskill
>career in some way?

Tier 2 and 3 rare minerals are used to make the Ink in App IV and
Adept IIIs - I found a tier 2 rare and made it into a sneak-based
Adept III.

Wood and roots are good for turning into rugs and furniture, when ich
can offset cost for owning an apartment, both in cash per weeks, and
SP. In the long term, this can easily be worth more than the few gold
you buy them for, as the bigger your room, the more you're saving.

And what's with all the carrots ?

Patrik

Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:

> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:46 +0100, Henrik Dissing
> <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

> >>Lucky!!! All I got was one blacken iron ore, plus on one seems to want
> >>to buy it off me!!
> >
> >I've been wondering if there's something I'm missing about rare harvests?
> >They seem to sell at prices multiple times higher than the best items
> >crafted from them.
> >
> >E.g. I sold a T3 steel cluster at 10g in half an hour, and there were two
> >others for sale at +15g.
> >
> >However, when I searched for "steel" the weapons and armor listed were only
> >marginally better than comparable carbonite ones, and there was no way I
> >would have paid more than a gold or three for them. Nor would anybody else,
> >it seems, because that was generally what was asked for them.
> >
> >I'm now a 23 weaponsmith, and I'm wondering if I should have kept the steel
> >cluster for myself because it would significantly have boosted my tradeskill
> >career in some way?
>
> Tier 2 and 3 rare minerals are used to make the Ink in App IV and
> Adept IIIs - I found a tier 2 rare and made it into a sneak-based
> Adept III.

I thought it was the jewelry rares for Adeptt IIIs, i.e. silver or
coral in Tier 2, not blackened iron, and as far as I can tell from the
eqtraders database the only things that can be made from blackened
iron are armour and weapons.

On 29 Jan 2005 12:01:19 +0100, patrik@nordebo.com wrote:

>Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:46 +0100, Henrik Dissing
>> <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>> >I've been wondering if there's something I'm missing about rare harvests?
>> >They seem to sell at prices multiple times higher than the best items
>> >crafted from them.
>> >
>> >E.g. I sold a T3 steel cluster at 10g in half an hour, and there were two
>> >others for sale at +15g.
>> >
>> >However, when I searched for "steel" the weapons and armor listed were only
>> >marginally better than comparable carbonite ones, and there was no way I
>> >would have paid more than a gold or three for them. Nor would anybody else,
>> >it seems, because that was generally what was asked for them.
>> >
>> >I'm now a 23 weaponsmith, and I'm wondering if I should have kept the steel
>> >cluster for myself because it would significantly have boosted my tradeskill
>> >career in some way?
>>
>> Tier 2 and 3 rare minerals are used to make the Ink in App IV and
>> Adept IIIs - I found a tier 2 rare and made it into a sneak-based
>> Adept III.
>
>I thought it was the jewelry rares for Adeptt IIIs, i.e. silver or
>coral in Tier 2, not blackened iron, and as far as I can tell from the
>eqtraders database the only things that can be made from blackened
>iron are armour and weapons.

Ah yes - you're right, sorry.

I recently found this site, which has more info regarding rares -

http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq2/showthread.php?t=1480

patrik@nordebo.com wrote in news:87r7k4ijnk.fsf@pluto.elizium.org:

> Mark Morrison <drdpikeuk@aol.com> writes:
>
>> On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:44:46 +0100, Henrik Dissing
>> <sorry@drowned.in.spam.invalid> wrote:

>> >I've been wondering if there's something I'm missing about rare
>> >harvests? They seem to sell at prices multiple times higher than the
>> >best items crafted from them.
>> >
>> >E.g. I sold a T3 steel cluster at 10g in half an hour, and there
>> >were two others for sale at +15g.
>> >
>> >However, when I searched for "steel" the weapons and armor listed
>> >were only marginally better than comparable carbonite ones, and
>> >there was no way I would have paid more than a gold or three for
>> >them. Nor would anybody else, it seems, because that was generally
>> >what was asked for them.
>> >
>> >I'm now a 23 weaponsmith, and I'm wondering if I should have kept
>> >the steel cluster for myself because it would significantly have
>> >boosted my tradeskill career in some way?
>>
>> Tier 2 and 3 rare minerals are used to make the Ink in App IV and
>> Adept IIIs - I found a tier 2 rare and made it into a sneak-based
>> Adept III.
>
> I thought it was the jewelry rares for Adeptt IIIs, i.e. silver or
> coral in Tier 2, not blackened iron, and as far as I can tell from the
> eqtraders database the only things that can be made from blackened
> iron are armour and weapons.

Yes, it is. And, AFAIK, you are correct about blackened iron. I have
one adept 3 spell, which I used a silver to make.

--
On Erollisi Marr in <Sanctuary of Marr>

On Steamfont in <Insanity Plea>
Graeme, 22 Dwarven Mystic, 20 Sage