help with audiovox 9900

Last response: in Network Providers
January 26, 2005 4:50:58 PM

hi, i have one question. if anyone could answer that'll be very helpful.
i tried to upload music (mp3, midi, wav, wv, rm) but none of them
worked. before i was able to upload wav, i don't know why but it
doesn't work anymore. can anyone help me to try to send files (pic,
ringtones) to my phone audiovox cdm9900. if there was any other way
than to send it with vzwpix.com, that'll be very helpful. thank you.

--
jamz
jamz's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&us...

More about : audiovox 9900

Anonymous
January 27, 2005 2:06:12 AM

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:50:58 -0600, jamz wrote:

> hi, i have one question. if anyone could answer that'll be very helpful.
> i tried to upload music (mp3, midi, wav, wv, rm) but none of them
> worked. before i was able to upload wav, i don't know why but it
> doesn't work anymore. can anyone help me to try to send files (pic,
> ringtones) to my phone audiovox cdm9900. if there was any other way
> than to send it with vzwpix.com, that'll be very helpful. thank you.

Send yourself an email to 5555555555@vzw3g.com, where the 5's are replaced
by your phone number.

Attach the ringtone files (midi) and wallpaper files to the email. You
will be limited to about 100KB of attachments per email, but you can send
multiple messages with different tones/pics attached. If all the
attachments aren't received with any email you can resend them in another
email.

It will cost you .25 for each email, regardless of the number of
attachments.

When you receive the message on the 9900 save the pics/tones. They'll go
into the Media Gallery.

One cravat, do not use Outlook or Outlook Express since it changes your
attachments.

I use Yahoo mail myself. It works great.
January 27, 2005 7:29:36 PM

jamz wrote:
> i finally found a way that'll go to my cell, but the file doesn't
> work. it just says attchment dropped. i also went to options, save,
> sound but no good also. what can be problem? it is midi.

Can't see any of the previous message, what are you trying to do?
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 6:26:35 PM

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:07:56 -0600, jamz wrote:

> thank you for the help. however, i sended to my the email as my 10 digit
> phone number, but i didn't recieve any message later on. i tried it
> twice but both of them didn't work.

Sorry, I gave you the wrong address. You need the @vzwpix.com on the end.

Also, make sure the file you send has the .mid extension, for example
happydays.mid

I just sent my 9900 a ringtone a few minutes ago. Worked fine.
Anonymous
January 28, 2005 7:15:19 PM

jamz <jamz.1jjsoz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
> i'm trying to send midi to my phone, so i was asking for help how
> to do it or is there any possible way to send midi/ringtones to my
> phone (audiovox 9900)

Check out this thread in Phonescoop:

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=40...

Sharon (aka: Piyo-piyo)
Anonymous
February 2, 2005 12:29:58 PM

jamz <jamz.1jt4sz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

> is there any way where i can actually convert mp3 into midis?

Exerpt from:
http://mp3.about.com/library/weekly/aa111102MP3toMIDI.h...
[to read the entire article, click on the link...]

MIDI files aren't recorded, they are "sequenced." Most MIDI files are
made by a musician playing on a synthesizer keyboard. Each instrument
must be entered separately, but since MIDI can have multiple tracks,
the resulting sequence sounds like the instruments are all playing
simultaneously.

The fact that MIDI sequences must be created one instrument at a time
prevents almost all digital audio files from being converted. There are
several "pitch to MIDI" software programs such as WAV to MIDI Converter
and Intelliscore that CAN convert a file to MIDI. The catch is that the
audio file must be of a solo instrument.
March 25, 2009 2:58:05 PM

Intelliscore WAV to MIDI Converter now has a version called Ensemble that claims to work with audio files containing more than one instrument. It makes a multiple track MIDI file. Their program is at http://www.intelliscore.net
!