help with audiovox 9900

hi, i have one question. if anyone could answer that'll be very helpful.
i tried to upload music (mp3, midi, wav, wv, rm) but none of them
worked. before i was able to upload wav, i don't know why but it
doesn't work anymore. can anyone help me to try to send files (pic,
ringtones) to my phone audiovox cdm9900. if there was any other way
than to send it with vzwpix.com, that'll be very helpful. thank you.

--
jamz
jamz's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=69347

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:50:58 -0600, jamz wrote:

    > hi, i have one question. if anyone could answer that'll be very helpful.
    > i tried to upload music (mp3, midi, wav, wv, rm) but none of them
    > worked. before i was able to upload wav, i don't know why but it
    > doesn't work anymore. can anyone help me to try to send files (pic,
    > ringtones) to my phone audiovox cdm9900. if there was any other way
    > than to send it with vzwpix.com, that'll be very helpful. thank you.

    Send yourself an email to 5555555555@vzw3g.com, where the 5's are replaced
    by your phone number.

    Attach the ringtone files (midi) and wallpaper files to the email. You
    will be limited to about 100KB of attachments per email, but you can send
    multiple messages with different tones/pics attached. If all the
    attachments aren't received with any email you can resend them in another
    email.

    It will cost you .25 for each email, regardless of the number of
    attachments.

    When you receive the message on the 9900 save the pics/tones. They'll go
    into the Media Gallery.

    One cravat, do not use Outlook or Outlook Express since it changes your
    attachments.

    I use Yahoo mail myself. It works great.

    thank you for the help. however, i sended to my the email as my 10 digit
    phone number, but i didn't recieve any message later on. i tried it
    twice but both of them didn't work.

    --
    jamz
    jamz's Profile: http://cellphoneforums.net/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=69347
    View this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t165112

    i finally found a way that'll go to my cell, but the file doesn't work.
    it just says attchment dropped. i also went to options, save, sound
    but no good also. what can be problem? it is midi.

    --

    jamz wrote:
    > i finally found a way that'll go to my cell, but the file doesn't
    > work. it just says attchment dropped. i also went to options, save,
    > sound but no good also. what can be problem? it is midi.

    Can't see any of the previous message, what are you trying to do?

    i'm trying to send midi to my phone, so i was asking for help how to do
    it or is there any possible way to send midi/ringtones to my phone
    (audiovox 9900)

    --

    On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 16:07:56 -0600, jamz wrote:

    > thank you for the help. however, i sended to my the email as my 10 digit
    > phone number, but i didn't recieve any message later on. i tried it
    > twice but both of them didn't work.

    Sorry, I gave you the wrong address. You need the @vzwpix.com on the end.

    Also, make sure the file you send has the .mid extension, for example
    happydays.mid

    I just sent my 9900 a ringtone a few minutes ago. Worked fine.

    jamz <jamz.1jjsoz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in
    > i'm trying to send midi to my phone, so i was asking for help how
    > to do it or is there any possible way to send midi/ringtones to my
    > phone (audiovox 9900)

    Check out this thread in Phonescoop:

    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/p_forum.php?fm=m&ff=407&fi=165572

    Sharon (aka: Piyo-piyo)

    is there any way where i can actually convert mp3 into midis?

    --

    jamz <jamz.1jt4sz@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in

    > is there any way where i can actually convert mp3 into midis?

    Exerpt from:
    http://mp3.about.com/library/weekly/aa111102MP3toMIDI.htm
    [to read the entire article, click on the link...]

    MIDI files aren't recorded, they are "sequenced." Most MIDI files are
    made by a musician playing on a synthesizer keyboard. Each instrument
    must be entered separately, but since MIDI can have multiple tracks,
    the resulting sequence sounds like the instruments are all playing
    simultaneously.

    The fact that MIDI sequences must be created one instrument at a time
    prevents almost all digital audio files from being converted. There are
    several "pitch to MIDI" software programs such as WAV to MIDI Converter
    and Intelliscore that CAN convert a file to MIDI. The catch is that the
    audio file must be of a solo instrument.
  10. Intelliscore WAV to MIDI Converter now has a version called Ensemble that claims to work with audio files containing more than one instrument. It makes a multiple track MIDI file. Their program is at http://www.intelliscore.net

Verizon Internet Service Providers