Elder Scrolls 5 Due November 2011, New Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
"At the moment much isn't known about the game, however it's speculated that Skyrim may take place in a northerly province."

Um, yeah, the province of Skyrim has been on The Elder Scrolls series map since day one, so that is basically stating the obvious. It's north of Cyrodiil and west of Morrowind.

D

Deleted member 217926

Say what you want, I for one am ready to go meet some Nords and see what kind of Daedra problems they might be having in the north. Die curr!

cser

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
I'm so excited I could pee. Should be coming out around the same time as Mass Effect 3.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
heres hoping its not more dumbed down console trash. i couldn't care less about eht engine so long as they make humans not look ugly as sin, have more than 4 voices, pause time, or generally streamline the experience. it would be nice if they added in rpg elements besides leveling system, like a choice system, let there be 12 decent endings, some bad some good, and only have 1 canon end like almost every other game with choice. it doesnt have to be masseffect

Drag0nR1der

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2007
I don't care where it's set, or what engine it uses, if it's as monotonous and uninspiring as Oblivion it's not gracing my computer for long, if it's as rich and wonderful as Morrowind was it'll be on here for some time.

Seriously don't know what happened to their inspiration after Morrowind, it must have gone down the pub with all the decent voice actors and script writers, and forgot to come back for the sequel.

Darkv1

Distinguished
May 30, 2009
This announcement has me very excited...I have a feeling the next year is going to drag pretty hard while waiting for this to come out. Time to bust out Morrowind again...and 11 months should be about enough time for a full clear.

G

I loved TESIV and I think this is going to be great. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get it because of my system specs and because I'm running a Linux OS. Even if I did though, I'd probably wait for GOTY, Unofficial patches, and all the major mods. I already had enough mods for Oblivion, and I hope that people keep up the great work modding for this game.

Travis Beane

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2010
[citation][nom]killerclick[/nom]So it'll probably be playable in March 2012. Hope I live that long...[/citation]
March 2012 is when enough of the bugs will be ironed out to be playable. We'll have to wait for June or July for the good mods.
It will still be mod friendly, right?

w33dg0d

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2010
I hope desperately they don't ruin the graphics on this due to the paired console release, a new engine sounds incredible after Fallout New Vegas failed awfully. I anticipate this release heavily and hope it meets my expectations as the whole series has been exceptional so far (apart from differances between morrowind and oblivion, gameplay was much more intense on 3 than 4 and the graphics were so simmilar even relating to release dates as morrowind is an old game).

Please bethesda, don't let us down.

valu3hunt3r

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
As previously mentioned, Bethesda better not bollix the PC version in favor of consoles.

While game engines are certainly important, they are not the essential piece that makes or breaks a game (as those familiar with TES series well know from comparing Morrowind to Oblivion).

While I won't hold my breath over it; here's to hoping Bethesda learned from the many mistakes of Oblivion and achieve the mammoth task of at least matching Morrowind (let's get back to that level of good game development first before trying to surpass it with TES VI).

Status
Not open for further replies.