What are the Optimal Temp ranges for AMD t-bird

rahul

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Was wondering if any one had some ideas on where I can find out the optimal temp ranges at which an AMD T-bird 800 mhz cpu should be running at? Tried to look on AMD's website with no success.

MP5A4

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
there is no absolute "range" for a temp. to be at.
but on average, it should be about 40ish when idle, and a max of 55.

but if u really want a ranged answer, idle should be 41-46, working 48-55.

LTJLover

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I don't know about optimal...below freezing would be optimal :)...but anything under 120F should be great. You can probably even go a bit higher without damaging it in the long run. I have been running my K6-3 at like 130F for over a year without a problem. The junctions will break down completely at 150F junction temp, but lifetime will go down at less than that.

Jon
"Water-Cooled CPU Runner"

G

The cooler the better, i try to keep it under 50 degrees C under heavy load (personal judgement), and it is about 30 right now (normal use).
My Thunderbird 800 is doing 1 GHz now! great!

G

My athlon Tbird 800 is running at 1GHz and idle temperature is around 30 degrees C. Maximum, while making divx movies, is about 50, depending on room temperature.

G

Ok... well I'm gonna sound a lot different from the rest of the replies. The rated Tbird operating temperature is around 70 deg.Celsius for the slot version and up to 90 deg.Celsius for the sockect A version. I would advise u to keep well within this temperatures. you can download or view the technical documents for the tbird at the AMD site.