registery clean up

is it a good idea to clean the registery say after 3 months of usage or after
4- 5 uninstallation of the softwares.

Generally there are lots of registery cleaners avaliable claiming to boost
the windows speed,but is it recomended by windows ? even if proper mode of
uninstallations is carried out.

If yes then please suggest some safe software for the same.

regards

It's never a good idea to "clean" the registry, ever. Microsoft does not
recommend the use of any registry cleaner.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"Jagjeet" <Jagjeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it a good idea to clean the registery say after 3 months of usage or
after
> 4- 5 uninstallation of the softwares.
>
> Generally there are lots of registery cleaners avaliable claiming to boost
> the windows speed,but is it recomended by windows ? even if proper mode of
> uninstallations is carried out.
>
> If yes then please suggest some safe software for the same.
>
> regards

srd

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:37:29 -0700, Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote:

> It's never a good idea to "clean" the registry, ever. Microsoft does not
> recommend the use of any registry cleaner.

Isn't Wugnet affiliated with Microsoft? If MS recommends against cleaning
the registry, then why does Wugnet, its affiliate, repeatedly feature
Registry First Aid as "great shareware"?

Perhaps the average user doesn't need to clean the registry, but if one
installs and uninstalls a great many programs, it seems unavoidable, lest
the registry consume one's entire hard disk. (Or does MS recommend against
installing third party programs, despite its promoting the "Windows
Marketplace." <g> Oh, the contradictions!)

What's the big deal, anyway. You set a system restore point before
cleaning. Isn't that the point of system retore?

--
srd

"Isn't Wugnet affiliated with Microsoft?"
No.

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"srd" <srd152000@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 09:37:29 -0700, Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com>
wrote:

> > It's never a good idea to "clean" the registry, ever. Microsoft does not
> > recommend the use of any registry cleaner.
> >

> Isn't Wugnet affiliated with Microsoft? If MS recommends against cleaning
> the registry, then why does Wugnet, its affiliate, repeatedly feature
> Registry First Aid as "great shareware"?
>
> Perhaps the average user doesn't need to clean the registry, but if one
> installs and uninstalls a great many programs, it seems unavoidable, lest
> the registry consume one's entire hard disk. (Or does MS recommend against
> installing third party programs, despite its promoting the "Windows
> Marketplace." <g> Oh, the contradictions!)
>
> What's the big deal, anyway. You set a system restore point before
> cleaning. Isn't that the point of system retore?
>
> --
> srd

srd

On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:40:02 -0700, Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote:

> "Isn't Wugnet affiliated with Microsoft?"
> No.

There are ways of "being affiliated" besides being "an affiliate"--such as
by being involved in a joint venture with another company, a joint venture
like the "Windows Shareware Hall of Fame," for which Registry First Aid, a
registry cleaner, was selected, by Wugnet and Microsoft: "Each week
Microsoft and WUGNET feature a Windows XP shareware application
demonstrating the very highest programming standards possible. Each
application selected for this award is exhaustively reviewed under all
operating situations and of the applications submitted...less than two
percent make the cut. It is our intent to showcase only the very
"best-of-the-best" applications. A secondary criterion for these apps is
that they must also work under Windows 2000/Me/98."
(http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spowmap.asp)

Why do you suppose Microsoft lends its name to a registry cleaner if it
disapproves?

--
srd

Jim

"Jagjeet" <Jagjeet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> is it a good idea to clean the registery say after 3 months of usage or
> after
> 4- 5 uninstallation of the softwares.
No.
Jim

Sir,
finally do you do registry cleanup & do you think it helps to better
maintain the PC speed?

"srd" wrote:

> On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 10:40:02 -0700, Ted Zieglar <teddyz@notmail.com> wrote:
>
> > "Isn't Wugnet affiliated with Microsoft?"
> > No.
> >

> There are ways of "being affiliated" besides being "an affiliate"--such as
> by being involved in a joint venture with another company, a joint venture
> like the "Windows Shareware Hall of Fame," for which Registry First Aid, a
> registry cleaner, was selected, by Wugnet and Microsoft: "Each week
> Microsoft and WUGNET feature a Windows XP shareware application
> demonstrating the very highest programming standards possible. Each
> application selected for this award is exhaustively reviewed under all
> operating situations and of the applications submitted...less than two
> percent make the cut. It is our intent to showcase only the very
> "best-of-the-best" applications. A secondary criterion for these apps is
> that they must also work under Windows 2000/Me/98."
> (http://www.wugnet.com/shareware/spowmap.asp)
>
> Why do you suppose Microsoft lends its name to a registry cleaner if it
> disapproves?
>
> --
> srd

No and No.

No one has been able to demonstrate that "registry cleanup" has any noticable effect on the speed of a PC.

Ted Zieglar