Problem with minecraft on new pc.

Jordandavis7

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
Hello y'all I'm new to the forums and I'm looking for some help. I had a laptop with a quad core, basic video card and windows 7 and I was able to play minecraft with no problem. I just built a new pc that completely owns my laptop and for some reason minecraft lags after short time playing and makes it unplayable, I noticed java jumps to about 13% CPU usage.

Here's my pc:

Intel i7 2600k
Gigabyte GeForce gtx 560 ti
(neither have been OC'd... Yet)
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 mobo
16gb corsair vengeance
500gb 7200rpm seagate barracuda
650w corsair psu

Oh and let me add I play skyrim on ultra high graphics with no problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

Goldengoose

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2011
You need to double check which version of java you are using (32 or 64bit). I remember the 32 bit version of java can only support so far on the draw/rending distance which could cause you an issue. If you're on the correct one then i suggest reinstalling java.

Following no performance increase you can try deleting the minecraft folder. Type %appdata% into run, hit enter and delete the minecraft folder there, it will auto update on your next launch and put your mincraft back to it's defaults.

Following still no performance increase, you could try dedicating some more ram to the game. If i remember correctly it will only dedicate 120-250mb's of memory to it; with the new updates this may no longer be sufficient. Try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZuK-XajjUY for a fix - you may also be able to find better guides than that but it was just a quick google search.