DHCP denied

September 7, 2005 12:42:02 AM

I am new to my laptop & am a female. So this is particularly even more
difficult 4 me.

I am not sure which topic header it should be under so i will try this one
first.

My computer keeps getting "hungup"

It is telling me that my ip address lease'xyz' for the network card with
network address 'abc' has been denied by the DHCP Server 'lmn'

--
Thanks!!!

Froggy

More about : dhcp denied

September 8, 2005 6:51:56 PM

To answer this or at least to provide some help, you will need to add some
details.
How does your laptop connect to the outside world?
DSL, Cable modem, Lan connection, etc.
If a cable modem, DSL, or LAN, do you connect to a wired or wireless router
or switch?
What (Brand, model) of Laptop and network card are you using?

!