I was advised by windows to run a disk diagnostic on the next start-up, as IE
kept shutting down with a .dll file error.
I ran this utility at the next start-up, but it gets to step 4 out of 5, and
sticks at 79% completed. I've tried this a few times now, with the same
result.
Is there a problem with my Hard drive?
I'm running XP SP2, IE Ver 6.
Cheers
Ollie

Hi Ollie

Which particular .DLL is being reported in the error message when IE shuts
down?

Double click on My Computer then right click on the appropriate drive and
select Properties>Tools>Error-checking. See if that option completes.

--

Will Denny
MS MVP Windows Shell/User