EQ2 Horse and bird questions

Ok

I finally got my horse, and not one of those old swayback nags, mine is a
powerful handsome steed.
Anyway, aside from the faster travel and numerous parade appearances, what
other benefits dose being on a horse afford you. I.e., does it increase your
armor or battle abilities when you fight from mount?

And.

I saw a player fly by me who had transformed into a bird. My other
character can transform into a bear, so I know about the shamen, but what
class can turn into a bird and when?

Bonus question. Long ago (2 months or so) within my first visit out into
the wild of Antonica, I can across a player how had transformed into a
unicorn. Was that just a developer playing, or are there actually unicorns
in the game?

Josh Carter wrote:
> Ok
>
> I finally got my horse, and not one of those old swayback nags, mine
is a
> powerful handsome steed.
> Anyway, aside from the faster travel and numerous parade appearances,
what
> other benefits dose being on a horse afford you. I.e., does it
increase your
> armor or battle abilities when you fight from mount?

Making people like me jealous! ^_^ Serious though, how do you know what
it looks like before you buy it? I want a horse and cat but don't want
to waste the money on a ugly looking one only to found out if I
splashed out on a few more coins I could of got a handsome one!

Prices range for 1p to 12p. So their must be some difference between
them, else why spend 12p when the 1p just as good.

> I saw a player fly by me who had transformed into a bird. My other
> character can transform into a bear, so I know about the shamen, but
what
> class can turn into a bird and when?

A healer of some sort, creatures transformation always a lvl 20 thing!

> Bonus question. Long ago (2 months or so) within my first visit out
into
> the wild of Antonica, I can across a player how had transformed into
> unicorn. Was that just a developer playing, or are there actually
unicorns
> in the game?

Yep, seen unicorn parts on sale.

On 2005-01-28, BombayMix <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:
> Yep, seen unicorn parts on sale.

Theres a Unicorn in Oakmyst forest. Very pretty he is too ;)

Matt

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005, Josh Carter wrote:

> I saw a player fly by me who had transformed into a bird. My other
> character can transform into a bear, so I know about the shamen, but what
> class can turn into a bird and when?

I believe that that is the flavor spell for mystics at level 20. No
stats, just the bird-look. I'm not sure where you buy the spell, but I
suspect it is at the scribe in Qeynos Harbor.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Jerelyn Foxeye -- http://www.foxeye-art.com

On Antonia Bayle (EQ):
[33 Iksar Templar] Viizanafyaeth Newleaf
[14 High Elf Brawler] Foxeye

"Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in message

> I saw a player fly by me who had transformed into a bird. My other
> character can transform into a bear, so I know about the shamen, but what
> class can turn into a bird and when?

Hawk form is available to Mystics at 20. At 30 we get Beaver form (I kid you
not) and at 35 we get snake form. All of these are cosmetic only but highly
valuable in dungeons and other tight settings where that big bear ass is
just too obtrusive for everyone in the party. I made myself a macro that
cast Hawk form and then Ursine Elder (bear form, and has to be done in that
order) which gave me the HUGE and substantial benefits of bear form without
the big ass. I've since updated the macro to cast snake form and Ursine
Oracle, but it's the same deal. I get the benefits of my bear form but the
appearance of a snake.

--
Redbeard
<Veritas>

Descendant of the Elder Winterfury Thunderwolf
<Resolution, Retired>
Barbarian Prophet of The Tribunal
Retired Citizen of Firiona Vie

"Bob Perez" <myfirstname@thecomdomaincalledSHADOWPIKE> wrote in message

> "Josh Carter" <josh_carter@yahooooooooo.com> wrote in message
>
>> I saw a player fly by me who had transformed into a bird. My other
>> character can transform into a bear, so I know about the shamen, but what
>> class can turn into a bird and when?
>
> Hawk form is available to Mystics at 20. At 30 we get Beaver form (I kid
> you not) and at 35 we get snake form. All of these are cosmetic only but
> highly valuable in dungeons and other tight settings where that big bear
> ass is just too obtrusive for everyone in the party. I made myself a macro
> that cast Hawk form and then Ursine Elder (bear form, and has to be done
> in that order) which gave me the HUGE and substantial benefits of bear
> form without the big ass. I've since updated the macro to cast snake form
> and Ursine Oracle, but it's the same deal. I get the benefits of my bear
> form but the appearance of a snake.

Maybe we have a big ass but we're SOOOOOO cute when we sit down on feigned
death players (that's Cyro's life goal...to sit on anyone lying down :) ).

--
EQ: Binnen 65+ enc - Zeb
EQ2: Cyro 20+ shaman - Kith

Bob Perez wrote:

> Hawk form is available to Mystics at 20. At 30 we get Beaver form

aaarrggg...must...resist...off-color joke...save it...for.../ooc
chat in Antonica...

TRENDING THREADS