Compaq Presario 5320

Hi:

I have a 5320 bought in Nov 2001. It recently started performing
sluggishly and I thought of doing a factory restore using the recovery
CD. However, the hard drive crashed during tis procee. My question is,
if I buy a generic hard drive and install on this machine, will it be
possible to use the restore CD on that hard drive? I realize that PC
prices have dropped so low that just junking the 5320 for a new
machine is an option. Thanks. - yaanai

hh

The Recovery CD requires the Compressed Compaq folders on the D:System_sav
partition in order to do a restore. You would need a QuickRestore CD kit to
do it on another hard drive.Unfortunately, HP has stopped supplying QR CDs
for many models which came with operating systems prior to Windows
Millenium. You might try calling to find out. The number can be found in the
Compaq FAQ.
HH

"yaanai" <yaanai@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi:
>
> I have a 5320 bought in Nov 2001. It recently started performing
> sluggishly and I thought of doing a factory restore using the recovery
> CD. However, the hard drive crashed during tis procee. My question is,
> if I buy a generic hard drive and install on this machine, will it be
> possible to use the restore CD on that hard drive? I realize that PC
> prices have dropped so low that just junking the 5320 for a new
> machine is an option. Thanks. - yaanai

gotcha

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2003

You may be able to get a original restore cd from
http://www.ambry.com. They usually carry all of them. All you need
is the correct part number from hp.